PDA

View Full Version : rear disks and C-clip eliminator

woodcam
08-21-2004, 07:11 AM
:help:
Has anyone converted rear drums on a chevy 12 bolt to rear disk, either with a Baer or a C-5 type with C-Clip eliminators? Did you have to do any thing special or is it straight forward. Last question does anybody run C-Clip eliminators on street?

Thanks

MrQuick
08-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Hey Woody, I had problems in the past with fitment so I opted for BOP ends on a 12 bolt chev rear.It was a friends car.That worked with LT1 stuff. Not sure on the C5 stuff tho. I've had problems with the eliminators leaking on a car I didn't drive alot. Vince

chicane67
08-22-2004, 09:11 PM
C-clip eliminators are pretty much a No No on the street. More because of them becomming leak prone, problem children.......but I myself do not and will not reccomend c-clip elim's on any street driven chassis. Your money will be better spent on weld-on axle housing ends and your choice of new axles. My recommendation would be to look at the kits available from Mark Williams or Toms Differential.

To answer your question, yes, I have done probably over 200+ brake conversions from drums to disk's and even from disk's to other disks. I have probably used every available kit out there and have found that some, just plain suck. On the other hand, I have found some kits to be a dream to install and then some that did require some little tweaks to complete.

For a practical, "no brainer" kit, you cant beat the Baer kits. Parts availability, road going features and just plain simplicity are the biggest selling points.

copo69
08-29-2004, 12:47 PM
chicayne is right as i do run them on the street . i use a silicone from epw and it seals so well i have nenver had a leak since i been using it neither has my friend . :bsjerk:

POS71RS
09-01-2004, 09:57 AM
On the other hand, I think that C-clip elims are kind of redundant with rear disc brakes. With the caliper there, the axles wont walk out in case of breakage anyways.