PDA

View Full Version : T56 Mounting Position

barraza
02-21-2005, 06:32 AM
I have my t56 mounted and the lowest part is about 1 inch below the frame rails. Is this normal? Not really any room to raise it more without cutting the floor, which I didn't want to do. Is it high enough?
In a 67 Camaro

parsonsj
02-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Barraza,
You need to give us a bunch more details. Start with the make and model of the car, then the engine. Next, what is the angle of the output shaft in relation to the rear end at ride height?

jp

baz67
02-21-2005, 10:06 AM
In a 67 Camaro
John, the light at the end of the tunnel has blinded you somewhat. The rest still holds true Barraza.

Brian

barraza
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Actually, I was just looking for some input about where the bottom of a t56 ends up in a first gen camaro. Mine is about an inch below the subframe, but I am using the aftermarket version so it may be a bit longer than a swapped in lt1 or ls1 types. I am wondering if the full size bellhousing plus the adapter plate ends up putting the mounting flange far enough rearward to interfere with the tunnel, before the top of the trans in the middle or shifter area. Not worried about driveline angle, that will have to be adjusted at the axle. Anyone ever dragged theirs on the ground?