PDA

View Full Version : disc brakes for 12 bolt

skeevay
02-20-2005, 10:33 PM
To my understanding the 4th gen Camaro rear disc brakes are supposed to be a direct swap to a 12 bolt rear end. I have a set off of a 96 Camaro that I was going to put on my 65 Impala 12 bolt, but the flanges are different. I have a couple of charts showing various rear end flange measurements and mine doesn't match the 12 bolts listed in the chart. My flanges are bigger. The horizontal holes are on 3 3/8" centers and the verticals are on 2 5/8" centers in a rectangle pattern. Does anyone know of other disc brakes (junkyard donor) that will fit this rear?

Skip

Zefhix
02-21-2005, 01:50 AM
To my understanding the 4th gen Camaro rear disc brakes are supposed to be a direct swap to a 12 bolt rear end. I have a set off of a 96 Camaro that I was going to put on my 65 Impala 12 bolt, but the flanges are different. I have a couple of charts showing various rear end flange measurements and mine doesn't match the 12 bolts listed in the chart. My flanges are bigger. The horizontal holes are on 3 3/8" centers and the verticals are on 2 5/8" centers in a rectangle pattern. Does anyone know of other disc brakes (junkyard donor) that will fit this rear?

Skip

Only the 4th gen cars that came with LS1s as in 97+ are the direct bolt ins!! Sorry..you missed it by one year, should bolt on fine to your Impy...I can measure mine first thing in the morning for you when I get up. :)

MrQuick
02-21-2005, 02:25 AM
The Imps rear are different than regular car pattern. Hopefully Keith's measurements are the same cause it would make the swap a breeze. If not you can always have a bracket made.

skeevay
02-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Only the 4th gen cars that came with LS1s as in 97+ are the direct bolt ins!! Sorry..you missed it by one year, should bolt on fine to your Impy...I can measure mine first thing in the morning for you when I get up. :)

My ID/size chart (could be wrong of course) shows that the 93-up 4th gen has the same axle housing flange. If you had a measurement handy, that would be appreciated....thanks

Mrquick...looks like you may be correct.

MrQuick
02-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Standard car 10's and 12's will work with 93-97 we refer as the LT1 style and 98+ are different than all...I thought it was bigger and bolt pattern was less of a rectangle? I cant find my notes...

Zefhix
02-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Maybe this is a 68-72 A-body thing but I just double checked all my measurements and it bolts up fine to my 10 blt. I originally got this swap verified through Team Chevelle and my setup is from a 2000 SS.
My bottom horizontal spacing is 2 3/4" and my top horizontal spacing is 3 1/8" and just to verify both my diagonal measurements are 3 1/4"
This places my caliper in front of my rotor BTW. Does this help or confuse the situation?

MrQuick
02-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeah Skip looks like your out of luck there, you can get rear plates from Baer and get them redrilled for your application. That way you can run 91-97 rears, they have the parking brake built in.

skeevay
02-22-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks a lot guys for your help. Looks like this little dilemma may be the deciding factor to go with my 9" Ford "plan B".

Skip