PDA

View Full Version : Baer tracker issues

Stu Seitz
02-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I have a 1st gen maro and after installing and adjusting the adjustment sleeves my tires are still toed in and there is no more room for adjustment. I am still using the stock drag link with new moog inner tie rod ends (which I measured and are the same length as the stock ones) and the baer tracker kit. I called baer and they say everything should line up so I don’t know what’s wrong. The adjustment sleeve in 8.75 inches long and I don’t think I would have gotten the wrong ones but if anyone else has this kit it would be greatly appreciated if you could check the length. Ohh yeah the drag link should be “bent” twards the front of the car right?

TitoJones
02-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Yes, drag link looks like this ---\______/----

Just a quick question, are you trying to adjust the inner tie rods only, or are you moving the rod end on the sleeve (tire side) as well?

EDIT:
Just another thing, after adjusting the sleeves one way or the other, jack the front end off the ground, turn the wheels lock to lock, and then set it back down on the ground. Then jounce each corner of the suspension, start the car, and again turn the wheels from lock to lock, and back to center, and remeasure the car.

Here's a pic of the trackers on a 68:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Tyler

Stu Seitz
02-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Wait so the drag link should look like this

Radiator
|---\_____/---|

If it is like that I have it the wrong way; thinking it went my way b/c of clearance w/ the oil pan.

Yeah I have adjusted both nuts on each side and tighted the tire rod adjustment as far as it will go.

Don't think this matters but my baer tracker kit is black rather then red.

TitoJones
02-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Here are 2 pics I can find that shows the drag link, and trackers on the car.

Tyler

Stu Seitz
02-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Damn I was hoping I had just put somthing on backwards but my set up looks exactly like yours.

Edit: Thanks for your help Tyler.

wally8
02-21-2005, 07:00 PM
How much does Baer charge for those?

Wally