PDA

View Full Version : Best front brake lines?

Rileys68Camaro
02-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Who makes the nicest, easiest to work with lines? The cleanist install?

Should I go Classic Tube? Stainless Steel Lines?

Thanks!

C4Bird
02-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Are you refering to the hard line or the soft lines? I have Earls braided stainless for my soft lines. Easy swap, perfect fit, improved pedal feel. Got them through Summit about $60 for both front and rear.
-Nate

Rileys68Camaro
02-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Hard lines. For a 68 Camaro. Though the soft lines sound good too, but those will be in the new kit when I order new brakes in a year or so.

rockdogz
02-21-2005, 10:04 AM
I used Inline Tube (http://www.inlinetube.com/). Everything was great... Except that I had a non-stock subframe so I had to do some modification to get everything to fit.

JayBird
02-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I used inline tube, but I'm feel sure classic tube is fine also. I would go with regular steel lines and not stainless unless you are used to making and working with stainless lines or building a show car. The steel lins will hold up fine for many, many years, especially since we garage these cars and try to keep them out of the rain.

engine
02-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I used Inline tube, got the stainless kit. The ss lines are a bit harder to bend, needed to tweak them a bit to make them fit perfect. Remember, not all cars are the same to the tenth of an inch. If you have subframe connectors already welded in, ask whomever you get the lines from to put a flare union in the front-to-rear line. Makes it 100x easier to put that line in. Inline tube was happy to do it. I had them put the union right before the line goes 90* to the inside of the framerail. The braided flex hoses are also a nice addition. I got mine from Russell, beautiful hoses.