PDA

View Full Version : Disc brake swap questons

cbrown
09-05-2008, 04:26 PM
I have a 98 Trans Am I was going to take the engine out and part our the rest of the car. I started wondering and searching threads to find out how much of the brake system I could use on my 65 chevelle wagon?

I thought I read somewhere that I could use the front spindles and brakes but I can find where I would have read that. I have found threads about using the rear brakes.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Apogee
09-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I believe BRP Hot Rods sells the adapter brackets that you're looking for to adapt your LS1 F-body calipers and rotors to your A-body spindle.

The only thing you're going to be able to use the fourth generation front spindles on is a fourth gen F-body, but the LS1 spindles are worth something to the LT1 F-body crowd...they're much more conducive to big-brake kits since there are no integral cast caliper mounts.

Tobin
KORE3

MrQuick
09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Don't forget the booster,master and fittings.

ks71z28
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
the rears will work, unless you have stagard shocks, then you need 2 lefts.

zman1969
09-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I sell front brake brackets that would allow the ls1 rotors and calipers to mount on your 65 - spindle and hub mods are needed along with adapting the late model bubble flare lines to the older inverted flare fittings - check out this link for more info: http://www.pozziracing.com/12_corvet...es_on_fgen.htm
its lower on the page below the corvette conversion
60$ shipped per set - good cleap upgrade

cbrown
09-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys!

Zman the links not working. I sent you a pm