PDA

View Full Version : Order of assembly?

Rileys68Camaro
02-20-2005, 01:51 PM
I've started to put my front end back together, but I need to redo some stuff, like put in the correct tranny crossmember and such.

Should I take it back apart? I also need to run wiring and hoses, and fix some other stuff that the mechanics messed up.

The engine bay is a mess thanks to the mechanics and I get sick looking at everything trying to figure out where it goes and how to run it neatly.

Also, where you able to get the outer fenders on the car with the inners bolted up? I couldn't, I had to put the inner fenders in the outers and put on in one piece. Maybe it was cause I was doing it alone.

rockdogz
02-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Sounds like I'm in the process of doing some of the same things you are. I also bolted the inner fenders to the outers and then put them on in one piece. I'm just putting on the front end to see how it fits - I still have to do all the body work. Currently I'm putting in all the A/C and heater hoses, and trying to figure out how to run the wiring as well. I'm relocating the battery to the trunk and using the MAD wiring kits along with a Painless harness with an EFI engine, so just about everything is not stock so that means I have to figure out how to wire all these non-stock parts and where to put them. I want to hide as much as possible as well, although I'm finding out that I may have to mount some relays and fuses on the (smoothed) firewall after all since they don't seem to reach anywhere else. The other option is to cut the harness and run them under the dash, but I'm leaning towards not doing that. If I mount them low on the firewall then they shouldn't be too obtrusive. I'm planning on running the A/C and heater hoses behind the inner fender to the bulkhead to keep the bay clean. Still not sure how much wiring I can do considering the fenders have to come back off. Maybe we can keep posting on our progress and get some ideas from each other :idea:

Rileys68Camaro
02-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Funny, we even have the same first name. Stop it!!! ;) My body work was done, but from the master cylinder leaking, being hit while in the mechanics shop and just plain storage for years it needs painted.