PDA

View Full Version : New here--looking for ideas

cmarcus
09-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Hello all,
I have recently been "given" a 1974 AMC Javelin. Well, here is the scoop: A family friend of ours was moving down south and had the car in parts in their garage. They said it was ours for the hauling, and my father gave it to me. I am currently in metro Boston for 2+ years which gives me some planning time. Does anyone know if this car will lend itself well to a PT car, and if so, is there anyone willing to Photoshop some ideas? Thanks so much!
-cmarcus

cmarcus
09-03-2008, 05:58 AM
So, here is what I was thinking. It was hard to get the color right, but if you can imagine it as a more burnt orange metallic, the hood, front and trim all painted a semi-gloss black. The rear bumper would be painted body color. As far as exhaust goes, I am thinking either side exit (Donahue style) or rear exit integrated into the rear.
As far as engine build up goes, I have been looking into other AMC build-ups. They are a whole different breed! If anyone knows of the people to talk to, let me know. Thanks.

gmjj13
09-03-2008, 06:52 AM
welcome. looks like a pretty cool project. i like your idea for the black hood and all, but i think it would look good as well if you carried the black over to the trunk lid. just my .02...