PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Brandon Miller
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I am in the process of designing my frame for my Ford Ranger build but have run across a dilemma. Should I design the frame using traditional body mounts or should it be designed so that the frame rails will be welded directly to the body in the rocker area? I want to get the truck as low to the ground as possible and tuck everything up nice and neat underneath.

jerome
08-28-2008, 04:16 PM
The front suspension will have an optimal ride height. You should set it there and put the body where you want it. You can still use stock frame mounts, and make a custom floor. If it is a fully fabricated frame, then you can drop the body section of the frame to avoid cutting the floor.

Brandon Miller
08-30-2008, 07:24 AM
The front suspension will have an optimal ride height. You should set it there and put the body where you want it. You can still use stock frame mounts, and make a custom floor. If it is a fully fabricated frame, then you can drop the body section of the frame to avoid cutting the floor.

But would it be better to mount the cab by using the body mounts or weld the frame directly to the cab?