PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a 1000HP build on 91oct-street use

Ownage
02-19-2005, 11:52 AM
I may be a new member, but I have been crusing this site for over a year, easy.

Im looking to make 1000HP on pump (91oct here in Cali).
It must be streetable as I will only be on the street, no track use except for a few runs to doc 1/4mi times.
This engine will be put into a '68 Camaro (1st gen thats for sure)

What I am looking to do with the car: Weekend warrior that runs on pump gas. Pretty basic interms of it not being used in drag or autocross. Just a high HP streetcar that has manners until you get on it. Must be able to idle in 100 degree grid lock beach traffic all day if necessary. Would like to cruise at 100mph, hit it and haze the tires! :D

Here is what I had in mind: 540BBC, procharged-intercooled maybe a F1 head unit pushing 20psi, methanol incremental injection for upper boost range and hot days.
Of course, fully forged and some good headwork and hooker supercomps. Carburated as well.

Drivetrain: Currie 9" (complete setup) stage 3.
Either a 4speed or 6 speed, race prepped to handle the power.

E-Squared (engine builders on Ebay) stated this:
"Brian,to do a blown 540 you are looking at $16,800.This is the turn-key price.This would include the Dart block Scat 4340 crank,rods,J.E custom made blower pistons,JE. rings,Clevite h-series bearings Crane hyd. roller cam, roller,lifters,Dart pro -1 heads,Ported Dart intake ,flowed king demon,1,190 cfm carb.Msd distributor,intercooled Procharger super charger.This basically a smaller version of my 605 set up with the custom blower pistons,hyd.roller cam and hyd roller lifters."

Damn, $16.8k, thats close to Nelson Racing twin turbo SBC if I am correct.
I know this is not a build sheet with all the specs but its all I have.
Is that a realistic price or would I be able to find cheaper elsewhere?

How much would I save if I assembled the engine myself (with an experts help for free)???

Thanks for any feedback guys. Very much appreciated!!!

Ownage

Ownage
02-19-2005, 12:09 PM
I know this setup is very do'able. Check out www.ls1tech.com. There are LS1 guys making 750RWHP (turbocharged) on the street on Pump Gas too (with meth inject).
A fully forged BBC could easily do the same. Im just wondering what some of you experts might have in mind for a build.

TUBED
02-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Ownage check out the forsale section I've got some BBC parts that would make some serious power with forced induction. Thanks, Gerald

Ownage
02-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Ownage check out the forsale section I've got some BBC parts that would make some serious power with forced induction. Thanks, Gerald

Will do bro, thanks.