PDA

View Full Version : innovative TT kit

jeffs68
02-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I was looking into getting a TT kit and came across a company at innovativeturbo.com.The kit includes turbos, wastegates, and manifolds for $3400 all you have to do is make your own piping.This is almost half the price of the banks kit if you want to do some of the fab work yourself.Is this a good deal or am I missing something?Also does anybody know if either one of these kits will even fit in a 68 camaro?

myclone
02-18-2005, 04:40 PM
I was looking into getting a TT kit and came across a company at innovativeturbo.com.The kit includes turbos, wastegates, and manifolds for $3400 all you have to do is make your own piping.This is almost half the price of the banks kit if you want to do some of the fab work yourself.Is this a good deal or am I missing something?Also does anybody know if either one of these kits will even fit in a 68 camaro?

I use innovative stuff and while its very high quality you will pay for it (as you've seen). I continue to use some of their waste gates and a few other do dads but a syclone/typhoon friend is now a PTE dealer so I go through him for my needs. It sounds like you dont mind doing some of your own fab work so you may check his web site out and possibly contact him to see what he can do for you.

www.turbotime.us is his site and I believe he also has a phone# that you can talk with him directly if you like.

HTH

jeffs68
02-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm glad to hear good things about them because as it turns out these guys are only about an hour from me.I'm also going to give the place you recommended a call and see what they say, to look into all my options.

Upper Performance
02-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow, thats expensive! Especially when you consider that the 5.0 Mustang guys have been putting together full turbo kits for around the same....

Can you find someone in your area that makes custom headers? Just get him to weld up the short-tube turbo headers with the approriate flange for your turbo (T3, T4, Mitsu, etc..). Maybe you can reverse a set of shorty headers and weld the turbo flange on, like the 5.0 guys do?

Call up turbonetics and see what turbo they would recommend, they also make good wastegates and BOVs, as well I believe they completely own Spearco....So you can get a price for a nice front mount intercooler as well. A single turbo would be a lot more simple and make more than enough power, but of course it doesn't have the "bling" factor.

What fuel system are you going with and how much boost are you planning on running? what size injectors?

And for the Bank's kit, can someone enlighten me as to why they don't use an intercooler?

Matt
02-22-2005, 02:54 PM
I still think buying some bends, some tube, a turbo, a bov, a waste gate, and and intercooler would be better. Spend a few more bucks and don't worry about if it will fit, and have things made to your needs.

TurboLark
03-03-2005, 06:54 AM
You can buy Camaro turbo headers here - http://www.forcedpsi.com/catalog.html
Nice guy, and good price for stainless headers. Search the net for better turbo pricing, and look at the Tial wastegates for a quality piece at better prices.

slow4dr
05-04-2005, 09:01 AM

You can get a similar kit from Banks for $4100(turbos, wastegates, & manifolds). These turbos are much larger and are capable of making much more than 750 HP. Even though you may not want or need more than 750 HP. The bigger compressor will make more power with less boost and won't be pushing the limit of the turbo.

Jason