PDA

View Full Version : Help a new guy!

Jarcaines
08-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi! I have a 68 Camaro with 4 wheel drums, so needless to say, I want to upgrade my brakes. I don't want to spend big money, but I want pretty good road performance from this car. I found this listing on Craigslist today and I was wonder if you all thought it was worth pursuing, and if I did, what kind of questions should I ask the seller?

It says it comes with 2" drop spindles, and I have heard bad things about drop spindles on 1 Gen camaros, is that something I need to worry about on this?

Here is the listing:

12 1/2 in disc brakes on 2" drop spindles for 67-69 camaro also fits 68-74 nova and im told with a braket swap it will work with A bodies chevelles and such dual piston calipers, stainless steel drop spindles, used but in useable condition, complete with bearings and brake pads and hoses.

Jarcaines
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
nobody?

Did I not give enough information or something?

Turbo67camaro
08-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I suggest talking to Tobin at www.kore3.com or Noel at www.touring-classics.com for good brakes that aren't crazy expensive.

Although, if you do have any plans on modifying the suspension, figure out that first (or at the same time).

P.S. If you specify a budget $ amount, people can give better advice.

Jarcaines
08-22-2008, 04:10 PM
I suggest talking to Tobin at www.kore3.com (http://www.kore3.com) or Noel at www.touring-classics.com (http://www.touring-classics.com) for good brakes that aren't crazy expensive.

Although, if you do have any plans on modifying the suspension, figure out that first (or at the same time).

P.S. If you specify a budget $ amount, people can give better advice.

My budget is as cheap as I can find that will make for a good braking car. I am not looking for anything fancey, just some disc brakes that will bring my car to a respectable stop. The guy on craigslist has the above listed at $275. Sounded good to me, but I am not sure if it's really as good as it sounds.

Thanks for the advice. I am not really at a point yet where I am ready to dive into my brakes, but I was't sure if I should let this craigslist post pass. I will definatly keep those two in mind when I am ready to get going on this. I have spent plenty of time drooling on their websites.

jonnyc
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM
ls1 f-body brakes.you should be able to find the front and rears for $200 or less.i'm pretty sure the rears will bolt right up to your 10 bolt and you can buy the bracket for the front.

Jarcaines
08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks Jonny, I am sure I will have more questions as I move forward on that.