PDA

View Full Version : Need help with pvc system

my72vette454
02-18-2005, 07:58 AM
I am building a twin turbo big block chevy and I need to come up with a system for crankcase venting. First off my car needs to be roadworthy so I dont want to just run vent hoses down and get oil splattered all over, and with the turbo system there seems to be a few issues just using a regular pcv setup. I also need to relocate my pcv valve on the one cover as its in the way of an airfilter box I am using for the fresh air cowl induction system. So first off I need to drill a new hole in the valve cover and build some kind of a baffle under it. It would be nice to have screw in fittings that wont seep oil. Both valve covers need to be set up the same way. The I need some kind of a breather tank that the hoses can go into that would separate the oil and allow it to return to the pan. This kind of stuff is all new to me so I would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

MrQuick
02-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Try to contact Tony Huntimer, they set up a nice breather/tank set up on Bob's 69 Camaro. Looks real simple and you can easily set it up with combustion reburn. Hey where is Bob???

my72vette454
02-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Well mr quick, nobody responded here so I guess I will try the pm thing. How much vacuum will a tube in the collector make? Does it leave any oil residue? I am coming out of the turbos and into 3 inch sidepipes and I dont want any oil showing up in the pipes. I only have a total of 6 1/2 feet of pipe after the turbos. What mfgs would be good to call and ask about this?

Thanks,
Mike

ProdigyCustoms
02-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Vette. I can set you up with an electric vacum pump system that will pull constant vacum. Works perfect for turbo / blower / nitrous cars. The set up with the collection tank and the pump is around $300. You will need to plumb into your valve cover (add a bung) and wire it.

my72vette454
02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Will that setup work good for a street car or is it mainly a strip setup?

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
02-22-2005, 02:01 AM
It is a street set up. It is from a new car.

my72vette454
02-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey Frank, pm me with a night time phone number and a good time to call and I will call you some night and you can tell me more about it.
Thanks,
Mike

harshman
02-22-2005, 09:39 AM
I’m not sure if I understand your dilemma. I run a crankcase evac system that is tied into the exhaust with no problems whatsoever. Even with turbos you still have to run exhaust and will have plenty of room for installing the ½” pipe. I have run this setup on all my toys and so has my dad. It is very simple and works very well. I don’t believe that your motor will need that much vacuum to require a vacuum pump if it is just for a crankcase evac system. If oil is an issue, the only time I have seen substantial smoke was on the skidpad test where some oil sloshed up and burned in the pipes.

my72vette454
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
Well like I said I dont have any experience with evac systems other than the good old stock pcv valve system. I guess if the rings arent shot there shouldnt by much blowby anyway. Im just getting ideas of what others have used and the results. Thanks for sharing.

Mike