PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy Bar 4 Link suspension system is here!

ProdigyCustoms
08-17-2008, 07:30 PM
The first production Prodigy Bar 4 link rear suspension is here. Taking orders now.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

The Prodigy Bar bolt in 4 link rear suspension system is a modified version of Air Ride Technologies ultra popular Air Bar system. Produced by Air Ride Technologies for Prodigy Customs, the system uses Air Ride's track winning Air Bar geometry with added adjust-ability and strength. Additionally there are now multiple shock / spring / air spring options so you can set up the system anyway you want.

Added adjust-ability, less deflection, increased strength, and smoother articulation

By using high quality Teflon / Kevlar self lubricating rod ends instead of fixed urethane bushings, the lower bars can now be adjusted to length to exactly align / center the rear end. Using the same Rod Ends on the upper arms, we also have added double adjust ability to the upper arms so pinion angle can now be adjusted / changed quickly and easily. The Rod Ends will hold the rear more firmly eliminating any movement the urethane bushing may have.

Multiple shock and spring options are available for the Prodigy Bar including Air Ride Technologies single and double adjustable Shockwaves. Or for conventional Coil Over Spring applications we have many choices

The base shock is a 12 way "Single Adjustable" QA1 Promo Star or Vari Shock, or Bilstein non adjust-able, your choice, and includes the spring rate of your choice for your given application.

Upgrade shocks options include:

QA1 "Double adjustable" shocks with 576 combinations

Vari shocks "Double adjustable" with 256 combinations.

Reduced labor time weather your doing it yourself or hiring it done!

A Canted Bar 4 bar suspension system, the Prodigy Bar will directly bolt into your original first generation F Body. A custom made cradle bolts (or welds if you prefer) in between the factory original frame rails. The cradle has the upper arms pivot points and also is the upper shock crossmember. No cutting or body fabrication required. No interior removal required. You don't even have to clean out the trunk! The lower link bars are 100% bolt in and use the oem leaf spring mounts in the body and the original leaf spring perches on the rear end. Some minor welding is required for the upper arms attachments on the rear axle tubes consisting of (4) 3 inch welds for the upper bar mounting tabs.

The Prodigy Bar "The System"

Start on Saturday morning, drive it Sunday night!

If you want a complete bolt in package with NO WELDING, or if you need to upgrade your rear end anyhow. Check out "the system"! Combine the Prodigy Bar suspension kit with one of our Prodigy Bar ready rear ends. Built by Moser Engineering exclusively for Prodigy Customs, the bolt in rear can be built in either 12 bolt of 9" Ford, and has all the upper and lower link mounts jig welded in place eliminating all welding by you or your installer. The Prodigy Bar rear saves pinion angle mock up time and assures you all the brackets are properly located. Reducing time reduces labor cost! Additionally, on our Prodigy Bar ready rears, the original lower leaf spring perches are eliminated and a new link mount is substituted for the ultimate clean look.

Rears are available complete built custom for your horsepower requirements. Or simply as just bare housings with brackets. The rears also can be built to any length from 54" for that mega deep lip on mini tub cars up to stock 60" width. Or if you just want to get the "deeper lip look" on your rear wheels and don't want to mini tub, we can build the rear a bit shorter then stock and help you select the proper backspace to get the Deep Lip look you want.

Using "the system", you can easily complete a conversion on a running and driving car in a weekend. You will only need to have the local exhaust shop do up some tailpipes on Monday, but pre bent tailpipes are coming soon.

FAQs

How much will / can I lower my car with a Prodigy Bar? With either either Air Springs or coil overs, Ride height is adjustable anywhere from original factory ride height and can be lowered up to 3" from original factory ride height. Height changes are fast and simple. There are multiple mounting locations for the lower shock links so the shock can be mounted to ride at the correct height at your chosen ride height.

So does it handle? Just check out Air Ride and there weekly performance testing at Goodguys and other autocrosses across the country. The Air Ride cars are consistently at the top of the leader board right there with other high tech suspension cars. The stuff works and the Air Ride boys prove it. The addition of the solid Rod Ends and all the benifits can only help improve a already great system. In fact, the new Air Ride Velocity Camaro, has this same set up on it!

What is the ride of the Prodigy Bar like compared to leaf springs? Ride comfort is a area often ignored in performance G machines. Ride comfort is really important if you intend to drive the car anywhere but the race track. There are multiple replacement performance leafs available that handle well, but ride quality suffers. The better performance a leaf spring provides, the more harsh the ride. The Prodigy Bar simply liberates the rear end and allows it to move free of bind. Combined with the adjust ability in the shock and in spring rate choices (or shockwave air pressure), the Prodigy Bar can be tuned to your particular ride quality / handling taste and needs. Under no circumstances will this ride like a Cadillac, it is a performance suspension. But the harshness is mostly eliminated with this system.

Can I use tailpipes with the Prodigy Bar? Yes you can. Going under the rear is easy. If you do not like that look / idea you can go over the rear and the pipes will have to be custom bent / fabricated. 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" is easier then 3", but 3" can be used. Notching (dog earing) the corner of the fuel tank will help tremendously with tailpipe clearance.

NOTE: We are working as we speak to produce pre bent stainless tail pipes also.

Can I use The Prodigy Bar with mini tubs? absolutely, the Prodigy Bar is a perfect suspension option for Mini Tubs car. Our Project EmptyNest and recent customer Project "Payback" both run the biggest / baddest 345 / 30 / 19 tires with mini tubs and the Prodigy Bar. Check them out at www.ProdigyCustoms.com (http://www.prodigycustoms.com/).

So how much is it?

The complete Prodigy Bar with base QA1 or Vari Shock "single adjustable shocks, or Bilstein non adjustable shocks, with your choice of spring rates, is just $1900

Double adjustable QA1 or Vari Shock is only $250 upgrade

The complete Prodigy Bar with base "single adjustable" Shockwaves is just $2200

Double adjustable Shockwaves is only $250 upgrade

Prodigy Bar Ready Rear end pricing:

There are many options. Call for your specific needs.

Just a few examples

9" housing only $550

M9 housing Only $650

12 bolt housing only $700

up to 400HP Complete 12 bolt, 30 spline Eaton, C clips, 1310 yoke, Chrome cover, Gear of your choice, $2200

up to 500HP Complete Nodular case, 31 spline True-trac, Big 3.15 Torino Ends, 1350 yoke, Gear of your choice, $2550

up to 700HP Complete 12 bolt, 33 spline True-trac, Big 3.15 Torino Ends, 1350 yoke, Performance cover, Gear of your choice, $2550

For more information or to purchase,

FOUR ZERO SEVEN 832 1752 8AM to 10PM Eastern Time

or email
[email protected]

steve g
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Just added it to my wish list.

68Formula
09-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Ok, well buried in the middle is the fact that it fits a Camaro, are we supposed to guess the year?

ProdigyCustoms
09-18-2008, 04:59 PM
First or second generation. They are the same but different in the cradle design.

DarkoNova
09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm assuming it fits 68-74 Novas?

Matt

WILWAXU
09-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Great looking setup Frank!

Once the budget recovers from the LS2 swap I'll be moving to the rear suspension.

ProdigyCustoms
09-19-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm assuming it fits 68-74 Novas?

Matt

Yes sir!

Here is a pic under Project EmptyNest with the new sway bar option which is freakin awesome!

DarkoNova
09-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Awesome. I was planning on finishing the front suspension first, but I may just go for this when I get the money. Looks killer!

Matt