PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood 7/8 master with LS1/C5 calipers???

nc69rs
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Is anyone using the Wilwood tandem 7/8 master cylinder with a LS/C5 calipers? I wanted to know if the master has enough volume to work.
The reason I ask is because I bought one of these masters when they first came out and could never build pressure. Sent it back for a refund. At the time I was told it should have worked but may be defective. I installed a corvette 1" but now would like a little higher pressure setup.

Anybody using one?

Gordz32
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm using one on the chevelle, but with wilwood 6piston up front and 4 pistons out back. Works great for me. Rupp has the same setup on the pennycar with larger brakes in the back and his works nice too. I would think it should be suffeciant for C% brakes. But give wilwood a call, they will be able to suggest the proper size for ya.

Apogee
08-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Keep in mind that the LS1 front calipers have larger pistons than the C5/C6 calipers, 43mm versus 40.5mm. This equates to about a 10% difference in piston areas and should be taken into consideration when sizing your MC. We have numerous customers running the 7/8" Wilwood unit with good results on C5/C6 setups...not sure about the LS1 front calipers though, I'd be concerned about excessive pedal travel.

Tobin
KORE3

ks71z28
08-27-2008, 05:20 PM
I assume you are talking about manual brake systems... I ran the 7/8" with LS1 calipers front and rear, pedal travel was about right, just flexy- I can feel the calipers and the firewall bend! 7/8" should be about right. the factory used a 1" for the power brake set up.