PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro, Right suspension plans?

69Transam
02-17-2005, 07:37 PM
Hey guys,
Im new to the sight, and Im getting ready to change all my suspension before I go to college next year. My current plan is this

Global west front lowering springs(already have)
GW multileaf rear lowering springs(already have)
1 inch GW sway bar (already have installed)
Welded in GW subframe connectors(already installed)
Koni or QA1 adjustable shocks in front and rear
Speedtech control arms
G-strand mod

I'll also have baers, and either 17 inch or 18 inch wheels 245s in front and 275s in back

Any ideas would be helpful

68BNUT
02-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey 69 I just posted about this same kinda plan thread named Guldstrand mod?? I got a ton of good information on uca and the g-mod read it over for some good advice.

baz67
02-18-2005, 07:59 AM
Get the del-a-lum bushings for your lower control arms and shackles on the rear leaf from GW. Other than that it looks good.

Brian

69Transam
02-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Would this package be able to keep up with a z06 on a track? The power is from a 385 stroker with 590 hp.

baz67
02-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Wow, that is a loaded question. It depends on the driver of either car. You would have to be carefull with the gas with all that power. It should hold its own though.

Brian

Andrew McBride
02-19-2005, 08:49 PM
check these guys out http://www.scandc.com/ (http://) also before making a full commitment on speedtech's uca's. SC&C offers taller ball joints and adjustable uca. Sounds like your in the right direction. Good suspension mods.

baz67
02-20-2005, 06:36 AM
That depends if he already has the Guldstrand mod done. If it is than using the taller BJs would not help. If not then that is also one other option.

Brian

68protouring454
02-20-2005, 07:38 AM
sorry to go off tracj, but what did you conclude was the best way to go with a stock sub 1st gen camaro??
g-mod,adjustable upper control arm,oter tie rod bump steer fix, what else?? does s/c offer lower control arms??
jake

Marcus SC&C
02-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Brian,just FYI the tall balljoints actually work very well indeed with the G mod. In fact I recomend the combination of the two for serious cars. Marcus SC&C

68protouring454
02-21-2005, 03:43 AM
give me a run down of what you would do to a 1st gen camaro with a stock sub frame.
i am doing the g-mod, where would i go from there, for a killer handling car
jake

69Transam
02-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah Marcus, what would be your ideal setup, with g-strand, stock subframe, no coilovers

Marcus SC&C
02-21-2005, 07:18 PM
There`s no ideal setup but if it were mine...subframe connectors,G mod,SC&C Stg.2 package (takes the G mod one step further,adds adjustability and fixes the bumpsteer),QA1 adj. shocks all around and a 1" front bar. Springs are kinda a preference thing. The roads around here are horrible. Super low cars are a huge hassle (I`ve been there) so I tend to keep ride heights reasonable and the rates just stiff enough to get the performance I want. Anything from stock Z-28 springs up front and stock multi leafs out back to a complete set of GW or DSE springs can work,they just have to be matched to keep the car fairly neutral in the corners. With the new front end geometry it`ll pick up a little understeer so a bit more rear spring may be called for or a small rear bar. If the car has big power you can induce oversteer with the motor so it may not be an issue. It`s a test and tune thing. For a street car I really like PBR brakes,I`d probably go with C5 up front and 4th gen F car in the rear or Baer`s comparable package. I`m real happy with that setup on our G-5 Cutlass. Some 17"x8"s and say Bridgestone SO3 Pole Positions and it should be pretty well set. :) Marcus SC&C

68protouring454
02-22-2005, 06:06 AM
thanks alot, would a camaro with that set-up and a well matched rear spring pull over .90 g's??
jake]
also what is your website?