PDA

View Full Version : 2nd gen T/A suspension

Peti Boi
08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I want my F-Body to handle like a modern sports car (comfortable & E-Z to drive) and also be able to handle the track once in a while...what do yall suggest :drive1:

ProdigyCustoms
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Lots of choices. Lucky for you with a second gen you have pretty good geometry up front already. Some control arms, springs and shocks, a good heavy duty steering kit and box, sway bar up front, and one of our Prodigy Bar rear 4 link kits in the rear, and your set. Everything is a bolt in with only minor welding on the rear suspension kit You will spend less then $4500 for complete front and rear.

Want to go up another level, we can do a DSE complete front subframe and quadralink set up in the rear, put aside about $9k

CRead01
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
and one of our Prodigy Bar rear 4 link kits in the rear, and your set.

I like the suggestions but am curious what the prodigy bar rear 4 link is? Is that the G bar or somethin new?

Peti Boi
08-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I am looking to get a coil/rear leaf spring suspension upgrade kit from Pro-Touring F-body and was wondering if DSE's quadralink rear suspension kit or yours will be able to install right in with my upgrade?

http://www.detroitspeed.com/productpages/indproduct/rearsuspensionprod/2ndgenquadra_prod.htm

another thing is I want to swap out those fat control arms for tubular control arms. Are there any out there for coil springs and not coilovers?

Marcus SC&C
08-13-2008, 08:56 AM
2nd Gens are great cars. Their geometry,while not ideal is lightyears ahead of the 1st Gens. The body structure is their first downfall so good subframe connectors and solid or at least poly body bushings are a must. Anything you can do it make the structure more rigid,go for it. Next the front geometry is okay but not great from a performance standpoint. You can duplicate the geometry mods done for SCCA TransAm road racing with our SC-Stage 1 package http://www.scandc.com/suspensions.htm#streetcomp1 which also includes fully adj. tubular upper A arms to allow for a modern performance alignment. In the rear the big choice is leaf springs or not. They do a decent job but lack adequate lateral axle control due to leaf and shackle deflection and they`re heavy. A link/coilover package such as a G-Bar fixes both issues nicely. http://www.scandc.com/alston.htm
If the weight isn`t as big a deal or if a link conversion is out of your budget you can still get huge gains with a watts link package. http://www.scandc.com/wattslink.htm This is exactly that they did in TransAm racing and it works really well. A good spring package will have to go with that of course,front and rear and there are lots of good ones available. Finish it off with a good set of adj. rate shocks such as Varishocks then fine tune with sway bar rates and you`ll have one heck of a package. We have clients pulling over 1G with excellent street manners running versions of the packages above. It`s awesome to see a 30 year old Camaro spank a new C6 ZO6 in an auto cross and then drive home with no changes other than adj. the shocks back to their street settings. :)
A Lee 670 box would be another outstanding upgrade. Just FYI our new SPC tubular lower A arms should be ready in a couple weeks now. They will accept either coil springs (with adj. ride height!) or coil overs,have greasable delrin bushings and improved geometry to work better with performance alignment settings etc. Mark SC&C

CRead01
08-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Just FYI our new SPC tubular lower A arms should be ready in a couple weeks now. They will accept either coil springs (with adj. ride height!) or coil overs,have greasable delrin bushings and improved geometry to work better with performance alignment settings etc. Mark SC&C

Cant wait to see these. I love the fact you can adjust your ride height.

Dragonsnake
08-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Will the front suspension parts for the 2 gen camaro,work on a 73-77 Chevelle too?

Marcus SC&C
08-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Yep. :) Mark SC&C