PDA

View Full Version : DSE QuadaLink Shocks Question?

Phillip_L
08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I call into Chris Aston ChassisWorks once again to check on the new G-link kit that I have been waiting the last 6 months for to finish my car up. They are now saying October, so I am done.

I am going to install the DSE QuadraLink kit instead. I noticed the kit comes with Koni shocks. I heard some complaints about Koni's since you have to pull them off to adjust the spring rate.

I talked to DSE and they will sell the kit without the shocks. Should I go with something else (QA1 or Varishocks)?

Thanks.

Phillip

MrQuick
08-06-2008, 07:04 PM
You have to remove to adjust the front with the DSE coil over kit.

You should be fine for the rear. Go with the Koni's. BTW, what are you doing for the front?

Phillip_L
08-07-2008, 04:37 AM
I have Global West arms in the front with QA1 coil overs.

When I weld on the all the brackets to the rear end, how likely is it that I will warp the axle tubes?

ProdigyCustoms
08-07-2008, 04:44 AM
No concern about warping if you move around and keep the heat down. if you go crazy and continous weld the bracket in one ring, you might have earned a problem.

We can supply a Quadralink brackets only kit and QA1 shocks to match up with your front, as we are distributors for each product. The QA1s will look killer under there also.

four zero seven 832 1752

bret
08-07-2008, 06:52 AM
I don't typically solicit business directly on these forums, but an alternative to the G link might be our AirBar. http://www.ridetech.com/products/Chevy_Camaro_67_69_AirBar_w_Shockwaves-817-75.html

The difference is that the G Link has a spherical rod end and the AirBar is normally a rubber bushing. We can certainly substitute the spherical rod ends if you like.

The DSE Quadra Link is certainly a nice piece...you won't be disappointed...just trying to make you aware of your options. The AirBar is ready to ship today and is available directly or through any of our dealers including Prodigy. If you have any questions call our shop, ask for myself [Bret], Tony or Darren.
Good Luck!

Bret Voelkel
Air Ride Technologies

Phillip_L
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
I have looked at the Airbar. This is the same as the g-bar with airbags, correct? Is it adjustable?

ProdigyCustoms
08-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Well, Bret and I just talked. So everyone knows: The present Chris Alston G Bar is manufactured by Air Ride and is a Air Ride Air Bar combined with Chris Alston Varishocks instead of Shockwaves.

The new G bar, G Link, and G billet that Chris Alston will be building is a variation of the G Bar that will be manufactured by Chris Alston. Delivery dates are up in the air, my best new news is possibly October.

Anyway, Bret and I have discussed it and by the end of today, Prodigy Customs will have available Air Ride Air Bars (with rod end adjustability) combined with your choice of QA1 or Varishocks. I am going to have a set sent to me immediatly for a project in the shop. We are also going to start R and D for a sway bar option that can be added to existing Air bar and G bar kits, along with these new rod end kits. The sway bar will take some time, but again will be designed as a add on so you can install your kit and add the bar later.

Pricing and more information will come later today.

ProdigyCustoms
08-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Phillip, give me a call and we can discuss all your options. I have every product spoken of above available.