PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

Roger Poirier
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Wow, I love the site. Very helpful. However I'm still learning the language, (Pro-Touring). I have a 69 GTO Judge, 48,000 original miles. I have owned the car for over 30 years. Currently doing a frame off resto. Back in 1976, before most of you guys were born, I purchased every NOS part available from GM. The car has been worked on/off over the past 10 years. I'm finally putting the parts to good use. I have always modified the car in some way, usually in the engine. Now I can have fun with the old goat, pro touring style and compete against the new cars. How about this for a change. Black exterior, Red interior, 428 4 bolt, Ram Air IV heads and so much more. I hope to pick up a lot from everyone and offer my wisdom when requested. Project should be completed by summer, fall of 2005 by the latest.

protouring70
02-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the family!
Brent

79T/Aman
02-16-2005, 06:14 PM
welcome nice to see another poncho and a low mile goat at that!!

Andrew McBride
02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
welcome to the site.

GTO judges are great cars. I look forward to seeing your buildup on the 68.

Andrew

Ralph LoGrasso
02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Welcome aboard, Roger. Sounds like you've got a great car / build plan! Keep us updated on your progress.

skeevay
02-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Welcome, I love the 68 & 69's good candidate for pro-touring....lets see some pics!
SKip

Roger Poirier
02-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Pic's. Heck, It took me days just to figure out how to get on this site. That is a project for my kid. I'm not into pictures until the product is complete. I have seen enough primered thinks in my life. I enjoy looking at the finished cars on the sight.

79T/Aman
02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Roger, are you running a pontiac motor? hope so, just in cass you don't know there will be new tri-y headers made for your car that will save your driveway LOL for lowered GTOs also if you check my at www.pro-touringf-body.com you will finda stock type oil pan with baffles and trap doors for that hi-g GTO

Roger Poirier
02-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi, this is rogers son justin (just using his name for the moment), i run the photo and computer departments around the house so i'll try and get him to let me put up pics before the car is finished but he seems set against it, he can be stubbern.

skeevay
02-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Seeing progress pictures helps to appreciate the finished project even more! :icon996:

bnoon
02-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi, this is rogers son justin (just using his name for the moment), i run the photo and computer departments around the house so i'll try and get him to let me put up pics before the car is finished but he seems set against it, he can be stubbern.

Booooooooooo! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssss! Let the kid put up pics!
:postpics:

Roger Poirier
02-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Alright, I will forward some picks within the next few weeks as the parts come in and are installed. So far this week I have ordered Baer brake kit for front and rear. Hydro boost kit, suspension package all the way around top and bottom, front and rear with Global West using Del-A-Lum busings, and Keisler TKO-600 5 speed. 60 day waiting period on that one. Oh yeah, today I placed an order for QA1 stocker star shocks and a AGR quick ratio steering box and pump.

I hope I'm doing this the right way. Is there concerns of things I should be looking out for? Any thoughts? suggestions?

Yes it is a pontiac engine. 428 4 bolt block, Ram Air IV heads, Edelbrock toker manifold, 850 Holly, MSD all the way around. (Most of the engine is chrome including the hood hinges.) Hooker headers. They seem to be top notch and bolt up very close to the underbody. Per my and the installers specs the lowest point of the car will be the header flange at 3.45 inchs. All in good time It will work it self out one way or the other.

USAZR1
02-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Roger,my bodyshop is doing a full-blown restoration on a 69 Judge and I would like to ask you some questions. Could you email me at [email protected] ?
Thanks,