PDA

View Full Version : Sticky tires

jp455
02-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi all,

I'm needing new tires, and I was thinking of getting those streetable road race tires. If anyone has had any experience with this, which one of these would last the longest? I know non of them will "last" compared to a regular tire.

Yokohama AO32R (hard compound)
Pirelli Pzero Corsa
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

Thanks a bunch.
manuel scettri

protouring70
02-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Hey,
I personally have had the Nitto drag radials and they work very well. And as far as the road race tires, if they are any thing like the others you will be happy.
Brent

Ralph LoGrasso
02-16-2005, 07:56 PM
I'd add the Nitto 555RII to your list. It's an R-compound verison of the Nitto 555. Johnny Hunkins had a good writeup in his column on R-compound tires a few issues back. I think it was the November '04 PHR.

StRacerDuke
02-17-2005, 02:54 AM
I've heard great things about the Pilot Cup tires. No personal experience with them though. I remember Ford used them on the cobra conversion of their RS focus when the ran it against a lambo. They made special mention that the Focus had an unfair advantage at the track because it was running the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires while the lambo had P-Zero's.

you might try looking through the Corner-Carvers message board for personal reviews.

jp455
02-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Well, I ended up going with the Yokohama A032R. From the reviews I read at the Tire Rack they stick like glue and actually last quite a bit too. Can't wait to get these puppies on my ride, I really just can't get off the line with more than just a little bit of gas...those Pontiac 455s you know! :bananna2:

manuel scettri

Torque, its whats for dinner!