PDA

View Full Version : Speakers in Kick Panels...Anyone have Pics...Will Component Speakers fit?...Much more

Tim_in_NC
02-16-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi Guys,

Anyone have good experiences with aftermarket kick panels for a '68 camaro...

I'd like to find a kick panel that would hold component speakers... 5", 6", or 6.5" then I could just make a location for the tweeter...

Anyone have any reviews on various brands of aftermarket kick panels? Any pictures of your installations?

Thanks,
TIM

Steve1968LS2
02-16-2005, 04:29 PM
it completly blows that they don't make these for 69 Camaros.. you 67 & 68 guys get all the cool stuff!!!!

;)

TonyL
02-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Ive seen the installs from the "speaker pods" on

www.roddoors.com

and they look great. be sure to use sound deadener on the "pod" and the panel they are attached to.

here's a direct link to the pods (http://www.roddoors.com/sounds.html#speakpods)

ViperBlue68
02-16-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd say do it in fiberglass and cover it with same material as the rest of ur interior you will be much happier

Tim_in_NC
02-17-2005, 12:13 PM
No one with pics or reviews on these aftermarket Kick Panels installed in their '68 camaros?

TIM

Pro-touring towncar
02-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Well I will throw in my $.02. I think that going with kicks in a older car is one of the best ideas I have heard. Instead of cutting the doors, Etc. use kicks and if you want to return to original it is easy. As for sound they are one of the best sounding speaker locations. Using Kicks for speakers equalizes the path lenght od the sound waves. I have kick panel mounted components in my compition car(03 Focus ZTW) they sound great.

Hell I need to open a shop only doing custom installs for pro-touring, hotrods, and muscle cars.

Tim