PDA

View Full Version : Run Thru The Hills V Rules and awards

Larry Callahan
08-03-2008, 07:33 PM
RTTH V RULES

All events will be run rain or shine (there will be no refunds due to weather)

DOT approved helmets are required for the autocross and drag racing.

Passengers are allowed and must be wearing an approved helmet.

Tires:
A treadwear rating of 200 or higher on a non R compound tire is required to be eligible for awards in all classes. Any DOT approved tire can be run at any event but only cars with tires that meet this requirement are eligible for awards.

All drivers must hold a valid drivers license and must be at least 18 yrs old to participate. All vehicles must be in good working order, properly insured and registered.

Any burnouts at Smokies Stadium will cause you to be removed from the event and disqualified.

Autocross Pre 1975 Domestic Car Award:
A runoff between the quickest 5 pre 1975 domestic cars on approved tires will be run at the end of the day. The single fastest lap is the autocross champion and the winner of a set of BF Goodrich tires. A one second penalty per knocked over cone will be in place.

Autocross 1975 and Later Domestic Vehicle Award:
A runoff between the quickest 5 1975 and later domestic cars on approved tires will be run at the end of the day. The single fastest lap is the autocross champion. A one second penalty per knocked over cone will be in place.

Drag Race :
Two awards will be handed out. Lowest E.T. and quickest reaction time on approved tires listed above.

Car Show:
The car show will be held on Saturday during the autocross. All cars are eligible, whether you are autocrossing or not. We will have a special section set up for those not in the autocross. The car with the highest number of peoples’ choice votes by 2:00pm wins.

King of the Hills Award:
To be eligible for the King of the Hills award the car must participate in, and complete, the following events: The Friday night cruise, Saturday’s autocross and Sunday’s drag racing. Vehicles must be driven all weekend. Arriving on a trailer and being locked in a trailer at night is allowable. Any transporting of the car in a trailer after the Friday night cruise has begun will cause a disqualification. Cars must also run the same set of approved tires all weekend. See previous page for treadwear and compound rules. Changing tires during the weekend will cause a disqualification. In addition the car must be driven by the same person during all weekend.

Point system for winning the King of the Hills award:

Each car participating in Bill’s back road boogie on Friday night will be awarded 5 points for the cruise. Upon arrival at dinner on Friday night the participating cars will be identified.

Diving your car to and from the Run Thru the Hills event is worth 5 points

Autocross points are awarded as follows:
Participating in the autocross earns you 1 point. If you make it into the top 5, the fifth place car earns 2 points, fourth place earns 3 points, third place earns 5 points, second place earns 6 points and the winner earns 8 points.

Drag racing points are awarded as follows:
Making at least one pass earns 1 point. Quickest E.T; If you make it into the top 5, the fifth place car earns 2 points, fourth place car earns 3 points, third place car earns 5 points, second place car earns 6 points and the winner earns 8 points. Best reaction time is worth 2 points.

The car with the highest number of points will be deemed the King of the Hills. In the event of a tie, the car with the fastest autocross lap will be the winner.

Misc rules:
The driver/owner is responsible for making sure there are no visible fluid leaks, no loose items anywhere in the car and that the brakes and tires are safe. The driver/owner is also responsible for the safe and secure mounting of such things as wheels, seat belts, roll bars, battery, camera mounts and other items to be verified by a safety inspection.

Safety inspectors may jack the front wheels of each car to ensure it has tight wheel bearings, suspension and steering. For cars with wire wheels, the wheel spokes and hub splines will be closely inspected for tightness. Inspectors may check to make sure the seats and body panels are securely mounted and that the hubcaps, trim rings and wheel covers have been removed. They will check in the trunk to make sure items such as the jack/tools/etc. have been removed. The spare tire may be left in if it is properly secured. The battery must be strapped down. Safety inspectors will make sure that driver and passenger helmets are DOT approved. Loaner helmets may be available for people who do not have one.

The rules are subject to change and all decisions are final. It’s meant to be a fun weekend and whining will not be allowed.

Larry Callahan
07-12-2009, 07:53 AM
These are last years rules and they worked pretty well. We are reviewing them and there may be some minor tweaks in the next few days.

01badz28
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
FWIW, some of us local guys would like an opportunity to trophy for in an all out R compound class, outside of the KOTH trophy.

We usually just compete for $6 t-shirts at regional SCCA events, so we can be easily satisfied. :1st:

Bow Tie 67
07-13-2009, 06:54 AM
FWIW, some of us local guys would like an opportunity to trophy for in an all out R compound class, outside of the KOTH trophy.

We usually just compete for $6 t-shirts at regional SCCA events, so we can be easily satisfied. :1st:

If I run my car on the r compounds I may get in on this. Or we could each put up $10 in a pot winner takes all. :enguard:

JEFFTATE
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm searching for a good 200 UTQG tire as we speak.

Payton King
07-13-2009, 11:20 AM
good to go with my 3000 TW goodyear run flats. LOL

TonyBolton
07-18-2009, 06:14 AM
I'm searching for a good 200 UTQG tire as we speak.
Your Falken Azenis RT615, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec, Kumho XS, Nitto NT05, and there is some type of Yokohama tire that is out that would be eligible for DOT standards.

Those are the ones i'm most familiar with.

badchry
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM

We usually just compete for $6 t-shirts at regional SCCA events, so we can be easily satisfied. :2nd:

there fixed that for ya......

If I run my car on the r compounds I may get in on this. Or we could each put up $10 in a pot winner takes all. :enguard:

would hate to see you drive all the way down here just to give us your money. if you want, i can just PM the address and you can mail it .......... save yourself the trip. :lmao:

:box2: