PDA

View Full Version : for you g-body guys out there

dgumoe
02-16-2005, 11:44 AM
im trying to plan my suspension upgrades right now. basically what im after is the ability to pull 1g on the skid pad and keep up with my buddy's 02 trans am in the twisties. am i going to have to completely redesign the chassis or are there components available that i can bolt on to achieve this goal? im pretty much sold on the G5 setup that ScandC offers for the front, but what about the rear? and even with that suspension will my goals be met? im not above designing and building a completely new frame and suspension, but im also not enthusiastic about building something from scratch if someone else has done the homework already. by the way im building an 84 elcamino. im still on the fence about small block or an lsx variant so i know that motor weight will play a part in this. and if you guys think that redesigning the suspension is the only way to go, anyone know what the width of the front end from hub to hub is? my car is in lockup on the other side of the state until i get done with school so i cant just go out and measure it myself. wheelbase? trackwidth out back? i know im asking alot here but ive got ants in my pants to plan this suspension out and noone i know personaly has a clue about chassis design. thanks- jon

Norm Peterson
02-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Get in touch with Marcus at SCandC. I know he's got something brewing over there for the G-body rear but I don't know its current status.

Motor weight shouldn't affect your basic suspension choices, but will be a consideration for details like spring rates, sta-bars, and possibly shocks.

Norm

Zefhix
02-16-2005, 06:21 PM
Get in touch with Marcus at SCandC. I know he's got something brewing over there for the G-body rear but I don't know its current status.

Motor weight shouldn't affect your basic suspension choices, but will be a consideration for details like spring rates, sta-bars, and possibly shocks.

Norm

We're trying to squeeze 1-g out of our Chevelle and Marcus at SC&C is responsible for putting the whole bit together....I would definitely talk to him about your rear and your plans. They are the G-Body gurus over there and as I'm learning, not to shabby with the A-Body's either :drive: