PDA

View Full Version : project updates!

RobM
02-16-2005, 09:45 AM
heres the latest so far, right now its sitting way to high......and my camera is a POS that doesnt come close to doing any justice. but here she is

Flight396
02-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Very very nice.Don't worry about the high stance, I think the 4x4 look is coming back, lol. I know it will change once you start putting other grill peoces on, but I love the way aluminum radiators look through the grill. Saa-lick. :icon_razz

RobM
02-16-2005, 09:51 AM
i hope it sags down alittle i have eibach springs up front that are suposed to lower it. im sure they'll break in alittle if not ill cut them.

mdprovee
02-16-2005, 10:01 AM
Looks good Rob. Keep it up.

Mike

Ralph LoGrasso
02-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Lookin' good, Rob!! Are you planning on going to any local shows/events this summer? I'd love to check it out in person.

socalfandabodys
02-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Awesome camaro. I would wait about 100 miles because my eibachs in my chevelle settled alot more than when I first put them in.

RobM
02-16-2005, 04:05 PM
thank you all. Ralph, i do plan to atend as many events as i can, i also want to hit the lebenon (sp?) drag strip and lime rock as much as possible. so we should try to meet up. im scrambling to get this thing done in time to enjoy it once it gets warm. The car is pretty tame compared to alot on this board but it has tighter then stock suspension, decent power, a nice paint job and some nice wheels. and ive built the whole thing up from nothing except for the actual paint job on my own. so i realy apriciat the positive feed back :icon_razz

Ralph LoGrasso
02-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Rob,

I'd definitely be up for meeting up and checking out the car. A trip to the drag strip sounds like a sweet idea, although I'm not sure where the lebenon strip is? I wouldn't call your car "tame" at all. There is a fairly large gathering where I live on Tuesday nights during the summer, sometimes over 500 cars show up. Steevo and I went last summer and his '68 was the ONLY pro-touring car that we saw. Most all of the cars were box-stock. There's nothing wrong with stock cars, but when you get your car out to the shows, you'll definitely be more modded than most. When the car is done and you're thinking of hitting some shows, shoot me a PM and we can try and meet up.

skeevay
02-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Job well done...looks great!

Skip

Steve Chryssos
02-17-2005, 05:32 AM
Looking good Rob!

Yeah. Ralph's right. Lots of stockers and pro street is alive and well on Long Island. :fart:

Not sure if you are on Long Island Rob, but I'll be glad to come out and help you lower your car. The springs may settle--but probably not as much as you think or would like. So start cuttin!

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Yea, that's a LOT of settling.. But, the car is looking very good!

For some reason I really like the color of your stripes.. :)

RobM
02-18-2005, 08:21 AM
thanks alot guys, yeah the pitures with my crappy digital camera dont to the paint justice in my opinion. in person it looks even better and the silver is slighly darker. im in CT in a town thats pretty close to hartford, i have many relatives in long island so ill be up there alot this summer. now i just need to get this thing driving so i can have some real fun :drive: ralph here is the link to the lebanon race track http://www.dragway.com/

sunkistcamaro
02-18-2005, 09:02 AM
Hey Rob,
Your car looks great! I didn't realize you were from CT, I live in E.Hampton. Let me know if your planning on going to the track or a car show. Feel free to PM me if you need any help w/ your car.

colt zantop
02-19-2005, 01:31 PM
wow! looks great! love the color combo! :)

Rileys68Camaro
02-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Camera might but the car absolutly doesn't suck! Sweet.

Still got the sticker on the tires though...lol