PDA

View Full Version : C5 vs C6 bearing carrier. Are they the same?

Larry Callahan
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Are C5 and C6 bearing carriers the same?

Also, does anyone know where aftermarket ones can be had cheaper then GM? Those things are spendy.

silver69camaro
08-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes and yes. But check around for dealers, they're not all priced the same. Some dealers will sells theirs for less than aftermarket.

Also note: I have both aftermarket and GM hubs in front of me. They look exactly the same, right down to the markings on the studs and machining. I'm willing to bet they're all made by the same group...

TitoJones
08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Yes and yes. But check around for dealers, they're not all priced the same. Some dealers will sells theirs for less than aftermarket.

Also note: I have both aftermarket and GM hubs in front of me. They look exactly the same, right down to the markings on the studs and machining. I'm willing to bet they're all made by the same group...

They are. Formally Delphi, now Klykos Bearing International. Surprisingly all made in the USA, even the forging.

Tyler

silver69camaro
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Good to know, thanks Tyler.

There is/was a national backorder on these things, any idea why? Is it from the switch?

TitoJones
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Delphi went under, and KBI came in and purchased it all up. We have our hubs, so we are about to be shipping AFX orders again.

Tyler