PDA

View Full Version : Heidts front sub Frame

THE PEARL CYCLONE
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Guys,
I need your advice. I am installing a Heidts complete front sub frame assembly with power rack and pinion steering on my 69 camaro, I am installing a new LS376 from GM Perf Parts. I need to know if anyone knows, what headers, motor mounts and oil pan to use.

silver69camaro
07-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Did you call Heidts?

TitoJones
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
My suggestion is to buy a tape measure. Then you can tell all of us who don't run that frame what works. You are not going to find very many people who own that frame here. I second Matt's statement of calling the manufacturer and ask them what works in their product.

Good luck.

Tyler

68fusion
07-31-2008, 05:56 AM
My suggestion is to buy a tape measure. Then you can tell all of us who don't run that frame what works. You are not going to find very many people who own that frame here. I second Matt's statement of calling the manufacturer and ask them what works in their product.

Good luck.

Tyler

dont bother ...last time we called heidts they didnt even know what would work and what didnt....and this was for a more common big block chevy...just my 2cents!

CamaroLance
07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
I've got an LS1 mounted to that subframe right now. I used some $45 ebay motor mount adapter plates(heavy plate steel). My stock camaro oil pan fits perfect. All my stock camaro accessories fit too, including a/c. I'm going to be ordering S&P or Hooker headers soon. My only worry is the steering shaft, but I won't know how much of an issue that will be until I get my headers. Good luck with it!

And yes, heidt's is pretty clueless on what parts to use. Unless it's a sbc of course.

THE PEARL CYCLONE
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM
I've got an LS1 mounted to that subframe right now. I used some $45 ebay motor mount adapter plates(heavy plate steel). My stock camaro oil pan fits perfect. All my stock camaro accessories fit too, including a/c. I'm going to be ordering S&P or Hooker headers soon. My only worry is the steering shaft, but I won't know how much of an issue that will be until I get my headers. Good luck with it!

And yes, heidt's is pretty clueless on what parts to use. Unless it's a sbc of course.

You put a 1st Gen stock oil pan on your LS motor and installed it in a Heidts new subframe? Please let us know how the headers fit when you get them. Do you have any pictures.

dhutton
08-01-2008, 01:08 PM
You put a 1st Gen stock oil pan on your LS motor and installed it in a Heidts new subframe? Please let us know how the headers fit when you get them. Do you have any pictures.

I think he means the stock 4th Gen F body LS1 oil pan.

Don

silver69camaro
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I think he means a stock LS1 Camaro pan, straight from a 4th gen. 1st gen pans require a bit of RTV to fit on an LS.

jknight16
08-01-2008, 01:16 PM
1st gen pans require a bit of RTV to fit on an LS.

:seizure: ROFLMAO, Classic, truly Classic.

CamaroLance
08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
hehe... YES YES... 4th gen LS pan!! However, I could probably get a sbc or bbc pan on there with a big enough hammer.