PDA

View Full Version : power vent windows

Tiger
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Hey all,

My buddy Ed just came up with a great idea, instead of me switching to 69 doors on my 68 Chevelle I could get hold of some Buick or Oldsmobile power vent window motors and parts. Anyone out there done this?
Someone maybe also have those parts for sale??

Full Revs!!!
André - Tigergutt

ProTouring442
03-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey all,

My buddy Ed just came up with a great idea, instead of me switching to 69 doors on my 68 Chevelle I could get hold of some Buick or Oldsmobile power vent window motors and parts. Anyone out there done this?
Someone maybe also have those parts for sale??

Full Revs!!!
André - Tigergutt

I have done this mod on a '56 and a '57 Chevy. On the '57 we used a power window motor out of a Caddy. On the '56 we used a modified aftermarket power window "kit".

However, aren't the vent windows on the Chevelle/Cutlass/etc the kind you just push open? I have no idea how you would go about modifying ones like that. The ones on the '50s cars were the crank kind. If you want more details, just pm me and I'll go over it a bit more.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill K
72 442 "Inamorata"

derekf
03-07-2005, 06:39 PM
'69 El Camino vent windows have a crank instead of the little latch... believe other years do too, but no first-hand experience with those.

Should be a little easier to make it power when it's already expecting to be turned.

Tiger
03-08-2005, 12:49 AM
Thanks for replying.
They have a crank on my 68 Chevelle

André

ProTouring442
03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Thanks for replying.
They have a crank on my 68 Chevelle

André

When my brain is fully functioning (I just got up) I'll try to write up how we made the power vent windows on the '56.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill K
72 442 "Inamorata"