PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to say hello from the desert...

chef
07-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Hello my name is Justin and I am new to this site. I am starting on a 1971 El Camino that I am planning on going the pro touring route with it. It currntly is a basket case, but for $750 bucks what more can I expect. I will be upgrading the brakes, suspension, as well as a new engine and transmission. I will probably ask a lot of dumb questions as this is my first attempt at a pro touring set up. I am a quick learner and would love any help and advice that you could give. Thanks for everything and hav3e a great day. Justin

cheapthrillz
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Dumb questions are like *******s... everyone's got one...

I wouldn't mind seeing a few pics of the starting point...

Start a project build thread in the project update section, and many people will be able to look at the pics and offer up advice without you even asking for it... They'll also try to spend your money for you lol.

Welcome and Good luck!

ProdigyCustoms
07-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome. So what desert?

chef
07-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I live in Tucson, AZ. I will start a project build. I think it would be neat to have everyone help build this one. I have been looking around a lot today and have already learned a lot. Thanks for saying hi, Justin

va72mlibu
07-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Welcome Justin, I'm down here in Sierra Vista. Maybe we'll run into each other at a Tucson cruise or something.