PDA

View Full Version : Another new product from Air RideTechnologies

jb@ridetech
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.hubgarage.com/hubtv/channels/6/videos/114

New Tiger Cage For Air Ride Technologies.

Young Gun
07-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Brett,
Looks awesome! will the side bars be available individually?

jb@ridetech
07-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Brett,
Looks awesome! will the side bars be available individually?

Yes they will be available, but we are looking about October before they will be ready to go.

WILWAXU
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Nice stuff!

John McIntire
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
seems pretty cool! Any idea on price yet? And those side bars are a nice design!!

paulk68
07-21-2008, 04:29 PM
looks nice. is there a way to attach a 5 point harness to it?
thanks

nvr2fst
07-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Brett as I mentioned to u everytime I run into you. Awesome cage, hurry up with production, keep me posted, may steal yours, etc. etc etc. LOL
dave

Young Gun
07-21-2008, 08:33 PM
will yall be at the chicagoland goodguys? I would love to meet you and actually see some of your cars!

eville
07-21-2008, 08:38 PM
when and how much?

Rick Dorion
07-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Very cool. What about convertibles?

jb@ridetech
07-22-2008, 04:33 AM
seems pretty cool! Any idea on price yet? And those side bars are a nice design!!

No price yet, should have some more info soon.

jb@ridetech
07-22-2008, 04:35 AM
looks nice. is there a way to attach a 5 point harness to it?
thanks

We have 4 point belts in our cars, so yes it can be done.

jb@ridetech
07-22-2008, 04:36 AM
will yall be at the chicagoland goodguys? I would love to meet you and actually see some of your cars!

Yes we will be in chicago for the goodguys event, so see you there.

jb@ridetech
07-22-2008, 04:37 AM
when and how much?

About October, and not sure on a price yet.

jb@ridetech
07-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Retail price point projected to be around $2500 for a complete system
Projected release date to be Nov. 1 2008
Initial applications will include:67-69 Camaro/Firebird
68-79 Nova
70-81 Camaro/Firebird
66-67 Chevelle
68-69 Chevelle
70-72 Chevelle
65-66 Mustang Fastback
70-74 Challenger/Cuda

toxicz28
07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
What were the reasons for going with stainless?

JMarsa
07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Any pics of how it bolts in? I'd like to see the mouting areas.

--JMarsa

Rick Dorion
07-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Any plans for convertibles :)

darren@ridetech
07-23-2008, 06:39 AM
What were the reasons for going with stainless?

The main reason for using Stainless is because it looks cool. Strength is another added benefit. The 1 ¾” diameter .095 wall 304 stainless tube that we use is approximately 16% stronger than the same in 1020 steel. Also, stainless does not have to be coated, which will inevitably scratch either in shipping or installation. The cage that was installed in Velocity was scotch brited, which turned out really nice! Obviously using Stainless over mild steel will raise the cost, but I think that the added benefits will outweigh cost.

darren@ridetech
07-23-2008, 06:54 AM
Any pics of how it bolts in? I'd like to see the mouting areas.

--JMarsa

We paid special attention when determining the exact location of the mounts to ensure that they connect to structural strong points of the vehicle in the floorboard, A pillar, toeboard, rockerpanel, B pillar, package tray and framerail areas – avoids the need to permanently alter your musclecar with weld-in subframe connectors. In most places the fasteners pass through 2-3 layers of metal and attach in vetical and horizonal planes. There are also reinforcement plates on the bottom of the car. But the primary function of the TigerCage remains to be chassis stiffening. Any safety protection is strictly coincidental. NHRA & SCCA certifications are planned, but right now we are still too early in development. Keep in mind that these photos are prototypes, we are still tweaking a few parts. If you want any more photos let me know.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24951&d=1216825984

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24952&d=1216825984

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24953&d=1216825984

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24954&d=1216825984

jerome
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
clamps available separately?

Yelcamino
07-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Retail price point projected to be around $2500 for a complete system
Projected release date to be Nov. 1 2008
Initial applications will include:67-69 Camaro/Firebird
68-79 Nova
70-81 Camaro/Firebird
66-67 Chevelle
68-69 Chevelle
70-72 Chevelle
65-66 Mustang Fastback
70-74 Challenger/Cuda

How will the cage mount in full frame cars such as a Chevelle? Will it go through the floor to the frame or ? Thanks.

muthstryker
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM
you have 66-67 chevelle, now since the 66-67 GTOs are pretty much the same cars, do you think it could work in a GTO?? i know its a little early still but just curious.

megaladon6
07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
it's cool but it sucks!

there are no g-body's on the list.
seriously, very nice design and concept.

87 monte ss t-tops, there are a bunch of us out there, hint, hint.:attn:

jasonsnova
07-24-2008, 04:18 AM
will it pass nhra /ihra tech for cars in the 10.00 - 11.50 range??

darren@ridetech
07-24-2008, 04:38 AM
clamps available separately?

Yes, not sure on the price yet though.

darren@ridetech
07-24-2008, 04:47 AM
How will the cage mount in full frame cars such as a Chevelle? Will it go through the floor to the frame or ? Thanks.

Not sure yet. Haven't started on that one yet.

datsbad
07-24-2008, 04:49 AM

I would think definately NOT !

darren@ridetech
07-24-2008, 04:50 AM

Don't know yet. I'll post up info on that as soon as I hear.

paulk68
07-24-2008, 07:48 AM
do you have a pic of how you mounted the shoulder harness.
thanks

Phillip_L
07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Love the cage, but I doubt it will pass NHRA. First of all, it bolts in. NHRA will not even allow a removable (bolted in) harness bar. Everything has to be welded in. Second, the side bars are too low. They are supposed to pass between the elbow and shoulder (been there, done that).

darren@ridetech
07-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Here is the bar for the shoulder harness. We kept it low for rear seat access.

Yelcamino
07-24-2008, 03:14 PM

I'm not an expert by any means, but after reading these harness installation instructions from G-Force, you may want to rethink your harness bar location...

http://www.gforce.com/pdf/harnessinstall.pdf

James OLC
07-24-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not an expert by any means, but after reading these harness installation instructions from G-Force, you may want to rethink your harness bar location...

http://www.gforce.com/pdf/harnessinstall.pdf
(http://www.gforce.com/pdf/harnessinstall.pdf)

I will not go so far as to say that I am an expert but I do have a lot of familiarity with cage design and safety rules for most drag race and road race sanctioning bodies and (a) I don't think that you would find a single harness manufacturer on the planet who would want to have their harness mounted in such a way and (b) I don't think that many responsible tech directors would want you take a lap of any kind with your harnesses mounted that way. The other design facets/issues of this cage's design notwithstanding, the potential for a compression style injury with a harness mount like is substantial to say the least.

But as ridetech alluded to earlier, this is a decorative cage, not a protective cage.

SatisTraction
07-24-2008, 09:10 PM

not even close. i would rather roll a car without a cage then with that one. it is blingy but i do not see any benifits for safety

darren@ridetech
07-25-2008, 04:55 AM
My bad guys, I'm don't think that the seat tabs on that bar will be on the production stuff. This is just me thinking out loud..... but I don't think that it would be too difficult to build a bar that mounts higher for proper harness geometry. That would make it really difficult to get into the back though.

Keep the feedback coming guys.....it's much appreciated.

SatisTraction
07-25-2008, 07:44 AM
i am not 100% sure on this but i do not think a SS cage would ever pass. i think the only options are mild steel and chrome moly steel.

i used to have a roll bar in my Tiger that was sold as a "show bar". it did not have mounts for a belt though.

James OLC
07-25-2008, 08:42 AM
i am not 100% sure on this but i do not think a SS cage would ever pass. i think the only options are mild steel and chrome moly steel.

i used to have a roll bar in my Tiger that was sold as a "show bar". it did not have mounts for a belt though.

I think that you are right on the material specs. Given the attention that many of the sanctioning bodies give for tubing, I don't imagine that stainless would be allowable anywhere. But again, I think that this is exactly as you had for the Sunbeam - a show cage. I would think that in a rollover or side impact (or any kind of impact) the likelihood of being injured by the cage is higher than the likelihood (or "coincidence" to quote the manufacturer) of being protected by it.

ITLBTU
07-25-2008, 11:32 AM
It looks cool, but I would be afraid of what might happen in an accident. Those bolt in sections could do a lot of damage to a person if it came apart.

Sparky67
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24953&d=1216825984

Are those bolts ARP Stainless Steel (better than grade 8) or just standard Grade 2 Stainless steel bolts?

Jeff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/67rscamaro

41565 chevelle
07-25-2008, 09:29 PM
How about us 65 Chevelle owners???

CarlC
07-25-2008, 10:42 PM
I would be very concerned with head injuries in an accident, and in some cases spirited driving. When you combine the proximity of the hoop, clamps, and aluminum headrests to the craniums in the front seat, the likely result would be ugly.

darren@ridetech
07-28-2008, 05:43 AM
How about us 65 Chevelle owners???

Well, we don't have a 65 Chevelle. We do have a 66 Chevelle, so we'll have to see how close it will be to fitting.

bret
07-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Obviously there are several items to address with the TigerCage between prototype stage and production. The main interest, as we had assumed, would be NHRA/SCCA certification. This has NOT been addressed yet, but will be persued when actual production components are ready. There would be little point in taking a prototype product to a santioning body for certification knowing that component changes are inevitable. As someone mentioned earlier, the door bars would certainly require changes to be agreeable for NHRA, as may the shoulder harness location. that is why we may offer options in those areas to allow the customer to configure his cage for his particular application. Padding will also have to be used...we will likely offer this as an option as well.
I expect great resistance in the certification process from NHRA and SCCA. The idea of a bolt-in suspension/chassis component has not historically pleased those groups. My goal is to demonstrate that this connector system system is comparable with all the features of a welded joint, with the added benefits of easy installation, removability, premium finish, and configuration choices. Will we be successful? Hard to say at this point, but as I have said before...if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
As for the TigerCage being a "show" or "bling" piece...given the limited exposure that most of you have had to the product it would be easy to dismiss it on those terms. We will have to work hard to prove its true performance benefits. I think that can happen through autocrosses, track days, and other dynamic performance events. Kind of like we did with air suspension.

motorheadmike
07-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Um... yeah.

I'll reserve comment until approval/rejection occurs from any/all sanctioning bodies.

But, it does look pretty.

PS. Fix your harness already. ;)

ironworks
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
If memory serves correct, the cage does not have to meet any certain material standards until you go 9.99. My buddy has an original gasser from the 60's with an arc welded cage and they said he was fine as long as he does not go 9.99 or better. Now the Stainless tubing could be an issue, but the hardware to bolt it is going to be important. I believe Wolf racing makes an NHRA leagal bolt in cage for the C5-C6 vette. But then again I believe that is only go to 9.99. Door bar placement and harness bar heights may not matter either until you go that fast and I doubt the intended customer for this cage is going to ever get close to that speed.

vanzuuk1
07-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I am very interested in this cage,it looks great and I think with the harness bar mounted correctly its worth looking into.

If I was buildng a track only car from a shell I would weld in a steel cage, but I think this will work great in my car.

You could also weld all the joints at a later date, yes?

Yelcamino
07-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I am very interested in this cage,it looks great and I think with the harness bar mounted correctly its worth looking into.

If I was buildng a track only car from a shell I would weld in a steel cage, but I think this will work great in my car.

You could also weld all the joints at a later date, yes?

There's a possible option for those that want a permanent setup... offer the cage in a weldable configuration and different materials. Since the clamps would be left out it could be less expensive.

bret
08-09-2008, 12:48 PM
To answer a few of the more popular questions for about the TigerCage:

1. All fasteners will be grade 8 or better. We are working with ARP to get what we need in this area. The bolts you currently see in the pictures came from the bolt store. [had to start somewhere]
2. The production TigerCage will have the shoulder harness mounting bar mounted in the more technically correct position at slightly below shoulder height. It will be removeable via the clamp collar pivot fasteners or via pit pins. We will also offer the option of a lower mounted harness bar in front of the rear seat bottom with the appropriate information supplied about proper harness mounting vs. convienience.
3. An "NHRA" style straight door bar will be offered as an option.
4. The clamp collar hardware will all be 304 stainless. These components can be readily welded into position if desired/mandated. 5. As far as NHRA/SCCA/SFI certification...It is being persued, and will likely succed, but will take some time. In the meantime I will have to suffer the label of "bling" until I can prove that a bolted joint is at least as good as a welded joint in this application.
6. We will be offering SFI approved harnesses as an option for the TigerCage. [hope everyone likes black!]
7. We are also working on a padding kit option for the cage. Most sanctioning bodies that I can think of require padding of the cage area in proximity to the driver. It is also common sense.
8. We will be doing a G body application this winter. Jason at our shop has a 82 Monte Carlo that we will likely use as the prototype victim.
9. The TigerClamps will be available individually. There will also be an OEM program for application developers. [imports? off road?]

Thanks for the interest...keep the queations and comments coming. Don't be afraid to offend...we can take it.

Thanks!

Bret Voelkel
Air Ride Technologies

megaladon6
08-09-2008, 02:39 PM
well i'd have to make you have to hack up one of your own cars. how about this, i offer my car for sacrifice. :jump:

Rick Dorion
08-11-2008, 03:47 AM
What about convertible applicability?

Damn True
08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
Sure is pretty.

Seriously?

Crazy Carl
09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
If memory serves correct, the cage does not have to meet any certain material standards until you go 9.99. My buddy has an original gasser from the 60's with an arc welded cage and they said he was fine as long as he does not go 9.99 or better.

Actually, it still has to meet spec, but the thing is, they don't sonic test the tubing until you're go faster than 10.Oh. It's one of those weird, typical NHRA with their heads up their (whistle) things.

I have no doubt that if Bret wants to get this thing certified he can do it, it's just a matter of getting them to see the light. Bolt in parts can be stronger than welded ones, plus there's less chance of installation error.

wblanton
09-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Guess we need more people asking to get an answer I have seen three already....

darren@ridetech
09-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Guess we need more people asking to get an answer I have seen three already....

We hear ya..... :)
It definitely a possibility. It's gonna take some time to get through this first list of cars tho. Just one vehicle takes weeks of R&D.

Rick Dorion
10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Any news to share?

darren@ridetech
10-31-2008, 01:50 PM
We we will officially be debuting the TigerCage at SEMA. We will have Velocity in our booth on display as well as the 70 SuperNova in the Good Guys booth and an RCR 69 Camaro in the Street & Performance booth, all of which have TigerCages installed. There will also be an assembled TigerCage displayed on the floor in our booth.

Here a link to the TigerCage page.
http://www.ridetech.com/tigercage/

One other really cool new product that we will have on display at SEMA is a new height sensor for the LevelPro control systems. It is an infrared sensor that will be mounted inside the Shockwave. I'll post up some pics next week.

DJW32
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Darren,
I can't wait for sema! The tigercage looks great.

DarkoNova
10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
We we will officially be debuting the TigerCage at SEMA. We will have Velocity in our booth on display as well as the 70 SuperNova in the Good Guys booth and an RCR 69 Camaro in the Street & Performance booth, all of which have TigerCages installed. There will also be an assembled TigerCage displayed on the floor in our booth.

Here a link to the TigerCage page.
http://www.ridetech.com/tigercage/

One other really cool new product that we will have on display at SEMA is a new height sensor for the LevelPro control systems. It is an infrared sensor that will be mounted inside the Shockwave. I'll post up some pics next week.

I guess it'll be a while before I can afford this thing at $2500. Still, looks bitchin, and I'm hoping it gets certified.

No… you got us there. You need to find a talented chassis build

:rotfl:

Matt

67goatman455
11-01-2008, 03:03 PM
you have 66-67 chevelle, now since the 66-67 GTOs are pretty much the same cars, do you think it could work in a GTO?? i know its a little early still but just curious.

also wondering....

CliffS
11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
We paid special attention when determining the exact location of the mounts to ensure that they connect to structural strong points of the vehicle in the floorboard, A pillar, toeboard, rockerpanel, B pillar, package tray and framerail areas – avoids the need to permanently alter your musclecar with weld-in subframe connectors. In most places the fasteners pass through 2-3 layers of metal and attach in vetical and horizonal planes. There are also reinforcement plates on the bottom of the car. But the primary function of the TigerCage remains to be chassis stiffening. Any safety protection is strictly coincidental. NHRA & SCCA certifications are planned, but right now we are still too early in development. Keep in mind that these photos are prototypes, we are still tweaking a few parts. If you want any more photos let me know.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24951&d=1216825984

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24952&d=1216825984

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24954&d=1216825984

Any pics how it passes through the rear seat shelf?

darren@ridetech
11-03-2008, 08:39 AM
also wondering....

Not sure yet....we have not started on the A body stuff yet. The 70-81 Camaro is next!

darren@ridetech
11-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Any pics how it passes through the rear seat shelf?

The “back bars” run from the top corners of the main hoop to the rear package tray [which is an important structural reinforcement in most cars] and is secured in both the horizontal plane and the vertical plane to optimize rigidity. The mating trunk bars join with the back bars underneath the package tray and are fastened with reinforced brackets to the rear framerail to complete the base structure.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26836&d=1225731608

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26838&d=1225731608

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26837&d=1225731608

darren@ridetech
11-03-2008, 10:16 AM
All of the attachment points also have reinforcement plates under the car.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26842&stc=1&d=1225735690

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26843&stc=1&d=1225735690

5th Gen
04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Any word on the NHRA Certification

darren@ridetech
04-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Not yet......

jfaria78
05-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Instead of SS can you make one out of .095 4130 CM or .135 DOM. I think that would also help with the cert process. From what I hear SCCA does not like anything but DOM. NHRA will take CM, but it has to be TIG welded.

n my opinion DOM would not look as nice, but it will be functional. You could sell it with the clamps and bolt in plates. As long as the plates are 6"x6" and they can be welded in if desired you may be NHRA legal.

Think to note, rules are written in blood and of course NHRA is ran by the insurance company. That is why NHRA Nitro F/C's look like tanks now....

darren@ridetech
05-13-2009, 11:27 AM
That is a good thought. We'll have to see what they say about the current version first.

Bryce
05-13-2009, 11:57 AM
one other aspect of the NHRA rules is the main hoop support (the bars going the package tray) can only have a 30 degree bend in them. That is currently the wording in the NHRA rule book. good luck. I would like to have one for my drag race 65 mustang so i dont ruin the headliner when i weld the top of the roll bar.

Also what certification are you trying to get? how fast will your cage be able to go?

darren@ridetech
05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Also what certification are you trying to get? how fast will your cage be able to go?

Sorry, I really can't answer that question yet. We have been talking with several sanctioning bodies; SFI, SCCA, ECTA just to name a few.

jb@ridetech
06-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Check out the new TigerCage installation article in Chevy High Performance August 2009 issue. Project g/28 gets a cage!

If you want to see how the new TigerCage is installed, check out the
Article (http://www.ridetech.com/more/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/tight-as-a-drum-3.pdf) or Video (http://www.ridetechtv.com/video/9590).

syborg tt
06-18-2009, 06:57 AM
I am really thinking about one of these for my next project.

Jeremy
06-19-2009, 06:03 PM
I read the article and it stated that factory seat belts will not work. I am really interested in this cage for my 80 TA, but retaining factory belts would be a must for me as I still need the back seat for my son (he's young enough to climb over the bars).

What is the reason the factory belts won't work as it looks like they would clear based on the pics?

I am wanting to stiffen the chassis with something pretty easy to live with and this looks like it will fit the bill.

CliffS
06-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Any weigh # on the cage?

jb@ridetech
06-22-2009, 05:52 AM
the basic cage with seat belt bar is about 60 lbs, add the door bars and its about 150 lbs

jb@ridetech
06-22-2009, 05:54 AM
I read the article and it stated that factory seat belts will not work. I am really interested in this cage for my 80 TA, but retaining factory belts would be a must for me as I still need the back seat for my son (he's young enough to climb over the bars).

What is the reason the factory belts won't work as it looks like they would clear based on the pics?

I am wanting to stiffen the chassis with something pretty easy to live with and this looks like it will fit the bill.

well depends on what seats you have etc, your factory belts will work fine for the rear, but could be tight on the front seats.

Jon@AirRideTech
06-22-2009, 11:28 AM

The reason is the upper seat belt tensioner gets in the way of the main bar so it does need to be removed...

madmax
06-30-2009, 05:01 PM
So, this cage is going to have a safety warning, right?

5th Gen
08-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Any news on the certification?

Thanks

darren@ridetech
09-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Still in progress, but nothing to announce yet.

PT_79_TA_461
09-29-2009, 04:03 PM
im waiting on the sanctioning bodies certifications before i order a full kit......

did G-28 get the full air ride suspension treatment???

darren@ridetech
10-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Yes, G-28 had a full street challenge kit under it as well.

PT_79_TA_461
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
Bump...

certifications yet?

bret
02-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Still working with NHRA, SFI, and Grassroots Motorsports. Right now we are working with an organization in the UK to do real time crash studies.
It continues to be an interesting journey both politically and engineering wise. No serious roadblocks yet, just wading through the issues as they come up.
Timeline? Any guess would be just that. The only thing I can say for certain is that there is progress every week.

Glad to see the continuing interest!

1968Maro
02-12-2010, 08:45 AM
Don't Crash any first gen F-body's in your tests that quite making them a while ago!!!!

676869addict
02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
i received my main hoop and back bars last tues. waiting on side bars. they where shipped on the 10th, should have cage in for march good-guys event "cant wait" thanks bret

mdprovee
02-12-2010, 03:16 PM
i received my main hoop and back bars last tues. waiting on side bars. they where shipped on the 10th, should have cage in for march good-guys event "cant wait" thanks bret

David,

I will have to keep my eyes out for you, I would like to see the roll bar in your car.

676869addict
02-12-2010, 03:25 PM
i'll have the 68 out at good-guys. thats the one in the pic. hope to see you there.

PT_79_TA_461
02-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Still working with NHRA, SFI, and Grassroots Motorsports. Right now we are working with an organization in the UK to do real time crash studies.
It continues to be an interesting journey both politically and engineering wise. No serious roadblocks yet, just wading through the issues as they come up.
Timeline? Any guess would be just that. The only thing I can say for certain is that there is progress every week.

Glad to see the continuing interest!

well the Tiger cage is bar-non to anything on the market as far as i know...i remember seeing the Ford GTR mustang in a magazine and was floored when i saw the cage and thought to myself, how cool would it be to have that system in my T/A. cant wait to order mine but like i said, ill wait for the certifications first cus im gonna be doing alot of Targa rallys so..gotta pass tech.

MoparCar
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Are the Mopar E-bodies still on your list or are we forgotten?
Thanks

PT_79_TA_461
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Are the Mopar E-bodies still on your list or are we forgotten?
Thanks

that cage would look sick in a Mopar E-Body !!!

PT_79_TA_461
06-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Bump....

whats the news on the certifications ?? holding off on the spending till i know more.

bret
06-23-2010, 07:34 AM
Still the same story. SFI, NHRA, etc. have not brought up any objections yet, its really a matter of non-response at this point. I will say that I have not bugged them every day to get a response...more like every few weeks, but I may have to step that up. In the meantime we are continuing to build and sell hte Tigercages for our completed applications...early camaro, 2nd gen Camaro, Nova, Chevelle, and the just completed 2010 Mustang.

Beleive me I am at least as anxious to sell you a TigerCage as you are to buy one:).
I appreciate the continuing interest...it motivates me to make another call.

MoparCar
06-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Bret,
What's the straight answer on E-body mopars? I need to decide this very soon whether to weld in a 4-point bar while I have my roof skin off. (it would be easier now). If you do plan on a Tiger in the near future for E-bodies Mopars I won't bother with a weld in since a 4-point doesn't meet any sanctioning bodies anyway. This would be for stiffening only.

Thanks, Wes

bret
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Bret,
What's the straight answer on E-body mopars? I need to decide this very soon whether to weld in a 4-point bar while I have my roof skin off. (it would be easier now). If you do plan on a Tiger in the near future for E-bodies Mopars I won't bother with a weld in since a 4-point doesn't meet any sanctioning bodies anyway. This would be for stiffening only.

Thanks, Wes

I'm at least a year off from the E body. We just finished the 2010 Mustang. Next is the 2010 Camaro, then the various late model Mustangs.
Sorry, wish I had a better answer.

MoparCar
06-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks. That time frame would work. To confirm you still have it in the plans for the e-body in the future?

Thanks, Wes

NASTY GN
07-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Any news for a G-Body bar? Alot of hungry Grand Nationals out there

bret
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I just received notification from ECTA [East Coast Timing Association] that they have certified the TigerCage for competition up to 175 mph. http://www.ridetech.com/store/tigercage/

ECTA runs the standing mile event in Maxton, NC a few times a year including the Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=69

Joe Timney is the President of ECTA. He also owns Deleware Chassis Works and builds many top speed style vehicles for MAxton and Bonneville.

Keith Turk is the competition director for ECTA. Some of you have met Keith on Hot Rod's Drag Week over the years...He and his wife Tonya run the event there as well.

Both of these guys were instrumental in wading through the details that have allowed ECTA to grant us certification at this level.

SCCA and SFI are next!

Bill Howell
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Congratulations Bret, huge win for you and Ridetech! It seems once you jump thru the first hoop, the others get easier. The Tiger Cage is such a nice piece, I never had any doubt it would be certified.

DarkoNova
10-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Awesome! Now I just need to save up the cash!

absintheisfun
10-05-2010, 04:01 AM
I saw one of these on an A-Body frame at Goodguys. Man it is an awesome piece! Saving my pennies for this one!

tommycomfort
10-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Yep, that is fantastic news! Not that I have been waiting for the sanctioning bodies to certify it, but it is definitely on my list of upgrades in the future. Awesome!
Tom

NASTY GN
10-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Make one for the GBody!!

PT_79_TA_461
03-11-2011, 10:28 AM
nice, glad to see its being passed.