PDA

View Full Version : Another new guy with a Camaro

mtuck
02-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Hello all. I am new to the board. I am rebuilding my 67' Camaro and i am getting a lot of great ideas from you all. I hope to have my on the streets this year. Hope you all do not mind if i ask to many dumb questions. I am new the Pro-Touring scene. But i like what i see so far.

Matthew

rocketrod
02-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Welcome. Can you give of some details/pics of your build? The only dumb question is the one not asked.

sunkistcamaro
02-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Matt,
Welcome! Dont worry about the dumb questions, Im sure other people have the same questions.
Im probably one of them...

paulk68
02-15-2005, 11:27 AM
I ask dumb questions all the time. Everyone here is great help though.
Paul

mtuck
02-15-2005, 11:30 AM
The car is coming along slowly. As most projects do. I will list all i have done so far...

Replaced all the interior parts with new
Replaced front end with Hotchkis 2" lowered springs
Replaced rear springs with Hotchkis 1.5" lowered springs
Replaced all the bushings

Right now i am rebuilding the motor. I hope to have it done in the next few weeks. It is a 355 with vortec heads, big cam, Performer manifold and a Holley 750. I should be getting around 400hp with this set-up. I am thinking the next up-graded motor i get would be a LS1. But that is later.

When that is done, i hope to get the rims and tires or get it painted. I am leaning toward the paint job right now. I am not sure what size tires i can run with this set-up. I do not want to mini-tub the rear as of now.

I do not know how to add pics yet. But as soon as i do i can show you the progress so far.

Ralph LoGrasso
02-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the site. :)