PDA

View Full Version : new guy

The Enemy
07-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi, I'm Lee. I'm a pro touring addict.... kind of.
I follow a simple belief that every car should own the raod, and no car is safe from being driven 1000 miles on a moments notice. My cars and trucks are required to hug the road, get out of thier own way, and be dead reliable.

I've got quite a few projects going, and i'll be more than happy to share...

I've got my 1995 ford F150 "lightning clone" which was bought as a daily driver but is slowly morphing into a mean little truck. Plans will involve being lowered 4 inches, mating a 408 to the 5 speed in it, and plunking on some 20 inch torq thrusts, and dealing with wheelhop issues.

I've got a 1992 f150, 4x4, reg cab shortbox (aka "Shorty") thats lifted on 35" s. it sits dormant because of the fact that im still waiting for that right 460/ 5 speed combo to use.

I've got my 89 s10, reg cab shortbox, 2wd, titled the "bootleggers Deluxe" it's running a 4.3 with a cam, a rebuilt 700r4, lowered 3 inches, 1st gen camaro wheels, Hellwig swaybars, a quick ratio steering box, a soon to be 4 wheel disc brake conversion, and some interior mods. It's still in faded red paint, but it's my "pro touring on the cheap" truck. I have less than $2000 in it, and its a cool little truck.

then theres the Tbird. 1978 Thunderbird, my first car, 411,000 miles on it. currently off the frame, but getting lowered, a lot of Hotchkis parts on it, and a monster 514 big block with a richmond 6 gear behind it. It's going to be the culmination of everything i've ever learned thus far.

so,hey, i've finally arrived!

Lee

Bishop73
07-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Welcome!! Sounds like you have quite the collection going.

GPI
07-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Welcome, sounds like some interesting projects. Have and pics?

SaturnVUEguy
07-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll love it here.

I agree with you that every car should be able to take to the road well. If a car can't drive, whats the point of it?

The Enemy
07-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the invite guys. Right now i'm gonna just browse, if you want to see what the s10 looks like, head over to www.s10planet.com. Pics are everywhere on the forum. No recent pics of anything else... sorries...

Lee