PDA

View Full Version : got me a almost done project

Pro-touring towncar
07-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Well I finally got my pro-touring car. I think it is almost ready for pro-touring. just a few additions to make it ready.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/07/Jul15230-1.jpg

It is a 2004 Mercury Marauder, in Dark torador red. SHe is fully loaded has a 4.6 DOHC cobra motor rated a 302hp 318 tq. She handles great and can really move for a big car.

Tim

Pro-touring towncar
07-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Well I realize she is only a big 4 door but she can move handles like a dream. She already has billet rear control arms, K&N filtercharger, and a pro-guard.( rear panel from the trunk floor and bumper) She will give a few cars a run for there money.

Tim

parneli70
07-16-2008, 07:24 PM
I used to work at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership and drove quite a few of these and you're right they are a blast to drive. What are your plans for the big beauty? Don't know if you're familiar with him or not, but for suspension mods you may want to look into Kenny Brown's products (if you can find them, just found out they temporarily closed shop) his series of "panther" suspension components could really (or so I hear) wake up the handling in your car.

Or just throw a blower on it and call it a day.

Pro-touring towncar
07-17-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, the Kenny Brown Super Marauders are a monster Blown 450Hp. There is Rienhart performance and trilogy who also does Marauder performance.

I think she also has Addco sway bars so her pro-touring-isum is on the way.
next:

Big Brakes front and rear
upgraded drive shaft ( for higher speeds)

Tim