PDA

View Full Version : 72 camaro

vince72
02-14-2005, 07:05 AM
im new here and was wondering what to do to my 72 camaro's suspension, so far i have poly front bushings 1 1/4 front 7/8 bar ready to isntall. what should i follow this with?
thanks
vince

SHANE 73Z
02-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Vince,

Let us know what kind of things you are going to be doing with your car. That wa y we can get a better idea of what your needs are.

My car currently still has the stock springs. I am running EdelbrocK IAS Classic shocks. I have also installed Rancho adjustable swaybars 1.25" front and 1" rear.

I live in the Pothole littered north east so I will be running a front spring in the #450 range and a rear spring in the #175 range. There are a bunch of other little trick mods that work well on our cars too.

Shane

vince72
02-14-2005, 09:27 AM
hows it going shane

i want to have a better than average handling car, i plan to take it to some track events and a lot of agresive driving, some quarter mile blasts, so pretty much a well rounded car
thanks
vince

c.schulz
02-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Global West!!!! :bananna2:

baz67
02-14-2005, 03:41 PM
What about budget? You can spend alot real quick. Also, take your time and do some searching in the past post. There is alot of good information to be found. I do second the Global West stuff. Higher spring rates front and back and some good shocks are a good bang for the buck.

Brian

zbugger
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Global West has some of the best stuff out there. People will tell you not to run the poly bushings though. At the moment, I wouldn't worry about it. You will get some squeaking, but if you can handle it, you're ok. Just make sure you lube them well. As for the erest of the suspension, you can get the Hotchkis springs. If you want a little less, go for the PSC G-Machine kit. That should be fine for what you want. I'd also say to run the Edelbrock Classic shocks. They are valved differently just for the 2nd gen.

79T/Aman
02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
do you have sub-frame connectors? need to start with a good foundation, a roll bars don't hurt

Marcus SC&C
02-14-2005, 06:10 PM
Vince the bars should be fine. I`d skip the poly bushings if you haven`t already installed them. If you have,run em until you get tired of them. Del-a-lums would be best,rubber would be okay. Subframe connectors are a MUST. Weld in subs are the way to go,the bolt ins often hang down too far. For springs probably GW would be best. Doug will send you springs suited to your car and usage. His upper arms are okay too but they`re just going to add a little caster,they can`t improve the geometry other than that. I`m biased but I really like our PPR adj. tubular UCAs. They give you a huge range of adjustability and make changes from street specs,to drag race to road race quick and easy. They`re cheaper too which doesn`t hurt anything. ;) Since you plan to do a lot of different stuff with the car QA1 aluminum adj. shocks seem like a no brainer. Again,fast easy adjustability is great for multi purpose cars. Finish it off with some sticky 17"s and big brakes all around and you should have quite a ride. Marcus

vince72
02-15-2005, 01:57 PM
thanks for the replys all this time i would hear that poly's were good so much for that, my next step is rear bushings and bushings for the sway bars what should i get ?

thanks

79T/Aman
02-15-2005, 08:10 PM
use rubber in the front eye and in the frame part of the shackl and you can use poly in the rear eye of the leaf spring this will allow the spring to "camber" as it move up and down