PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something? drop leaf ???

danbob67
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
allright 67 camaro DSE 3" drop springs DSE mono 2 multi conversion kit. My car is a shell with engine sitting in it. I installed the springs and the car looks to sit higher now than with the stock mono's. I had 2" drop springs then went to the 3" drop and the tire is still about 3-4" from the wheel well am I missing something do the shackles need to be changed to? Or do I just need the car all back together.

HILROD
07-09-2008, 06:24 PM
You will get some lowering with the car together, but you will need to loosen and re-torque the spring and shackle bolts at finished weight. Also your old springs are probably sagged with more drop then the new ones. Last the 3 inch DSE rears could use being a half inch lower. There is almost no change between the 2 and 3.

rockdogz
07-09-2008, 09:48 PM
It will take some time for the springs to break in. I actually added some lowering blocks with mine for a while, until they came down and then I took the blocks out. I also put some sand bags in the trunk for a while to help. You will probably find that driving it with weight inside will help, so it may be a while until you see the true ride height. Even now, the fender lip of my '68 is a couple of inches above my 315/35/17's, so if you want to go lower then you will probably need blocks or a different rear suspension setup.