PDA

View Full Version : 2005 SEMA show and dinner

Bill Howell
02-13-2005, 08:23 PM
I know this is way early,but I don't want to miss this year's event. What are the dates this year so I can plan accordingly.

KrisHorton
03-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey Bill,

The dates for SEMA this year are Nov. 1-4, so that will put the PT.com dinner on the 3rd if it's still planned for Thursday. I think it's at the Hilton this time, which should be awesome!

Kris

Ralph LoGrasso
03-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Dinner will almost definitely be on Thursday. We're not 100% sure on where we're having it; Larry's been in contact with a few places. We'd like to do the Hilton, but we're still unsure at this point.

Larry Callahan
03-02-2005, 02:18 PM
So far I have been unable to book the Hilton. As a backup I have had the Greek Isles pencil us in for a buffet style dinner on November 3 a Thursday night. I am still looking for a place that you can walk to close by.

KrisHorton
03-02-2005, 02:29 PM
We'd like to do the Hilton, but we're still unsure at this point.

Nah man, she's dirty. Oh...right...the hotel. :rolleyes5

The Greek Isles was great, but boy did it get crowded!

Kris

Larry Callahan
03-02-2005, 02:38 PM
The Greek Isles is just a backup. SEMA books all the rooms at the Hilton and the rents them out. They told me they don't want to rent us a room because we would be competition for their dinner.

rsk68
03-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Larry

My buddy knows the owner of the Imperial Palace, they even have a car
museum there, let me know if you would like me to check it out, its on the strip.

RSK68
Rick klein

Larry Callahan
03-02-2005, 04:33 PM
It would be cool but it's too far to walk carrying stuff.

rsk68
03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Larry

I stayed ther last year for the SEMA show, they had regular bus trips
to and from the SEMA show, worked out perfect for us.

RSK68
Rick Klein

Larry Callahan
03-02-2005, 04:42 PM
But, a bus trip at 5:00 p.m. might take 2 hours? How did it work out for you?

rsk68
03-02-2005, 04:49 PM
it was a chartered bus and i was staying there so it was cool, could be an issue for just dinner, because it does not stop anywhere else.

RSK68
Rick Klein

Larry Callahan
03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, I'm up for calling them and asking just to see if we rent a room for dinner would they bus us?

my72vette454
03-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Any chance the tram will be running by then? If its going then maybe it wouldnt be so important that the dinner is close enough to walk to. Just a thought.

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
03-25-2005, 02:42 AM
If the time was moved up a little, would it matter if the dinner was walking distance from the Convention center? Sure would open up a lot of choices?

David Pozzi
03-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Larry,
Imp palace has a side room to their auto collection with a bar, perhaps it can be used for a banquet. You might ask them about that. The side room is large with the most expensive cars in the collection, the Rolls Royces etc. I didn't see enough tables there but maybe they can set it up.

Something within walking distance would be the best though.

rsk68
03-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Larry

Let me know if you need any help with the Imp Pallace, my friend supposedly has a lot of pull there.

RSK68
Rick Klein

Pro-touring towncar
04-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Looks like I will be attending. accually celibrating my 20th annaversery late( it's Oct 19) by attending the dinner on Thurs the seeing SEMA fri then a show on Fri. So you can put me down for 2 for dinner.
Any word on this yet.
Tim

Larry Callahan
04-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Glad to hear you will make it Tim. It looks like the best I can do at the moment is to re-arrange the room and have dinner buffet style. We are penciled in at the moment. My plan is to book the facility May 2nd. It's going to be our best yet!

MrQuick
05-06-2005, 08:00 PM
Ok its settled Gina Allen and I are and will be attending. We will fly down Wed and leave Sat. See you guys there...we are cutting our HM short. can't wait. :firefire:

MrQuick
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok who needs tickets to SEMA? I have 2 open....Ralph, do you still need a ticket or are you good? Your on the list still.

Ralph LoGrasso
05-17-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm good this year. If you can, use my spot for someone else who can't get in. Thanks again for last year!!

Bill Howell
05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey Vince, :attn: :attn: :attn:
ME ME ME ME
Seriously, I have never been or tried to get in but plan to go this year. I don't think I can get in with a Howell Construction Co. business card unless they sell 2X4s-lol
PM me with the info and price for two if they are still avalible.
Thanks,

David Pozzi
05-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Bill,
You can sign up as a "race team" or just as "other". They are a lot more fussy about who they allow in these days.

Race team is not classified as a Buyer so you don't get a "credit" type card to swipe at the booths with your address info on it. I now sign up as a "Fabricator" and get the card, my badge holder says "Buyer" on the bottom so the vendors see that, and all try to sell me stuff!!

Bigblue73
05-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I read on the SEMA website that they want business license info (Tax ID number here in Missouri). Is this not so. I can make up business cards, if that's all it takes.

Ralph LoGrasso
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I read on the SEMA website that they want business license info (Tax ID number here in Missouri). Is this not so. I can make up business cards, if that's all it takes.

I've heard that they were going to start cracking down on civilian and non "legit" entries, so this may be part of their plan to do so?

Bigblue73
05-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I've already filed my paperwork with the intention of selling rims and tires out of my shop. The cost was only $25.00 bucks and I have to file tax paper work on a Quartely basis. Small price to pay to have fun!

Bill Howell
05-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Bill,
You can sign up as a "race team" or just as "other". You need a business card but nothing else. Just make one up on your computer and print it out. You will be asked to show it the first year you go, from then on, they probably won't even ask.

Race team is not classified as a Buyer so you don't get a "credit" type card to swipe at the booths with your address info on it. I now sign up as a "Fabricator" and get the card, my badge holder says "Buyer" on the bottom so the vendors see that, and all try to sell me stuff!!

Thanks David. I think I got this year covered. I will check things out when I get there and have something set up for next year. My top shop is set up as CTS(counter top sales). It has tax id # and all that stuff so I may have some cards made up with CTS and the # just no mention it is a top shop- wait, vinyl top shop, thats the ticket.CTS-car top shop. I should have been a cia agent.lol

sunkistcamaro
05-23-2005, 04:09 AM
Hi guys,
If we need tax ID numbers then Im going to have a problem.
Does anyone have two extra tickets?
Thanks!

MrQuick
05-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey Bill,
Sorry I just put in the last 2, you don't need a tax id number, just a bus card and address.
Mr Howell, I put you and Mrs Howell (Lovey?) on my list and I will mail the passes to you as soon as I receive them.Should be mid July-Early August.

Bill Howell
05-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Mr. Howell? I had a uncle-Thurston who called my aunt that. They went on a boat tour many years ago. The trip was only supposed to be for 3 hours, but we have never seen or heard from them since. :dunno:

PM me the amount and your address so I can pay you, thanks.

ProdigyCustoms
05-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Bill, your set. You are offically one of the Prodigy team now.

KrisHorton
05-23-2005, 04:29 PM
We're not getting that same ol' ***** for dessert this year are we? Sorry...bored at work, just thought I'd beat a dead horse. :hammer:

Kris

Steve1968LS2
05-23-2005, 04:41 PM
We're not getting that same ol' ***** for dessert this year are we? Sorry...bored at work, just thought I'd beat a dead horse. :hammer:

Kris

If so I am bringing a candy bar... anyone want to share a Baby Ruth???

Can't wait for the SEMA dinner.. WOOT!

Zefhix
05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
If so I am bringing a candy bar... anyone want to share a Baby Ruth???

Can't wait for the SEMA dinner.. WOOT!

It's funny when you can still see the peanuts...... :hah:

zbugger
05-23-2005, 08:36 PM
It's funny when you can still see the peanuts...... :hah:
That's not a meteor, that's a big ball of frozen poop. See the peanut? :jawdrop:

USAZR1
05-23-2005, 09:23 PM
I've got that week off so hopefully,I'll be able to join in on the fun.
Any particular place the majority of you are staying? Guess I need to get me a room.

zbugger
05-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Well, the majority of us are staying in Vegas. That's what I'd suggest. Although I'm not the best for giving tips on this, so I don't even know why I'm posting.

David Pozzi
05-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Guys,
Registration is not even open until early June. If you are trying to register now, make sure you are not trying to JOIN SEMA. You want to sign up as an attendee, not a member of SEMA.
Here is the attendee sign-up: http://www.semashow.com/main/main.aspx?id=70035

David Pozzi
05-31-2005, 09:17 PM
I just got a registration Email from SEMA, so Reg is now open.

Q ship
06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
From the registration site;

Proof of Business (one of the following):
Tax registration certificate or Business Registration (automotive related companies only)
Business License or EIN#

So how do you get around that?

Novaguy65
07-11-2005, 12:12 PM
I know that everybody is staying in town....haha. But is there a hotel the majority of you are crashing at? My business partner and I will be making our first trip to SEMA, and I would like to meet as many of you guys as possible. Thanks in advance,

Greg

Ralph LoGrasso
07-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Greg,

Last year Larry myself, Matt and a bunch of other guys from the forum stayed at the Greek Isles which is where our 5th annual Pro-Touring.com SEMA dinner will be once again held. I'll be staying there again this year.

Novaguy65
07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks Ralph! That seems like a decent place. Relatively close and relatively reasonable. Thanks again-I look forward to meeting you guys!

Greg

Steve1968LS2
07-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Same hotel.. different dessert!!!

;)

Can't wait to hang out with everyone again.. I will be there the whole week so start lining up them beers!

Streetking
08-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Im there! If anyone needs to get in SEMA, let me know asap so I can get you registered with my group. I can get 4 people in.

SW

sunkistcamaro
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Oh man your a lifesaver!!
Can you get me and my friend in?
I thought I had a guy getting me a pair of tickets but he keeps giving me the run around.

I would really really appreciate it! :cool:

Streetking
08-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Oh man your a lifesaver!!
Can you get me and my friend in?
I thought I had a guy getting me a pair of tickets but he keeps giving me the run around.

I would really really appreciate it! :cool:

No problem, I need you and your friend's info asap..Pm me.

I have two left..

SW

ProdigyCustoms
08-04-2005, 02:43 AM
So where are we having the after dinner party? Dinner ended way to soon last year. I also think we should take a few minutes before we eat, have everyone stand up and announce their name and board name to put names with faces. Much better then walking around staring at one anothers chest.

Protour_Pinto
08-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I have two left..

Is it possible to get just one of your extras? If so what info do you need?

Streetking
08-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Is it possible to get just one of your extras? If so what info do you need?

I need you to pm me with your name address/ phone #..

SW

Streetking
08-06-2005, 06:39 AM
FYI, all my ticket slots have been filled! See you guys there..

SW

vintageracer
08-22-2005, 05:59 PM
My wife and I are at the Tuscany. Mark us down as we will be attending. Please post when registration for the dinner is available.

Nutsy
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
I am in for 4 tickets. please let us know when we can pay.

Trev

Larry Callahan
08-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Our online store is supposed to open tonight but, it might get delayed until Saturday or Sunday. I will post a notice soon with an update.

Thanks for being patient guys.