PDA

View Full Version : B Body rear suspension

Bad94
07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about the B body rear suspension?

I was looking at them today at the junk yard, and was thinking about cutting a rear clip off and adapting the rear set up on to my S-10 project.

Im wanting to get rid of the leaf springs and go to a 4 link set up.

Any info would be great.

TPI Monte SS
07-07-2008, 07:33 AM
The '78-'88 G-body has a similar 4-link setup, and the rear is probably closer in width to work in your S10. Or one of the good suspension guys on this site could point you in the direction of fabbing up your own 4-link setup. Good luck with it!

Marcus SC&C
07-12-2008, 12:27 PM
The B rear suspension can be made to work good in spite of it`s design but not because of it. If you get my drift. There are better choices. In fact a set of performance leaf springs and a FabFit watts link http://www.scandc.com/wattslink.htm would provide better performance for a lot less work. It would look (and be) more trick too. Mark SC&C

Bad94
07-12-2008, 05:39 PM
The B rear suspension can be made to work good in spite of it`s design but not because of it. If you get my drift. There are better choices. In fact a set of performance leaf springs and a FabFit watts link http://www.scandc.com/wattslink.htm would provide better performance for a lot less work. It would look (and be) more trick too. Mark SC&C

I want a link set up,

I do have a set of S-10 Hotchkis leaf(nolonger make them) but i will need a 3" block to have the truck sit as low as i want.

I was looking at the G Bar today at Goodguys and that what i want.

Marcus SC&C
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Are you sure it wasn`t an AirBar you saw? ChassisWorks doesn`t make a G Bar (with coil overs) for the S10. They do have a KP Components (parts of ChassisWorks) link rear suspension but that uses bags and cantilevers. You could make a G Bar out of it by combining the KP links and brackers with a ChassisWorks rear coil over package though. If you did want bags the KP cantilever bag system is pretty slick. It lets you adjust ride height independent of air pressure/air spring rate. Mark SC&C

Bad94
07-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Are you sure it wasn`t an AirBar you saw? ChassisWorks doesn`t make a G Bar (with coil overs) for the S10. They do have a KP Components (parts of ChassisWorks) link rear suspension but that uses bags and cantilevers. You could make a G Bar out of it by combining the KP links and brackers with a ChassisWorks rear coil over package though. If you did want bags the KP cantilever bag system is pretty slick. It lets you adjust ride height independent of air pressure/air spring rate. Mark SC&C

No no no,

this is going to be a custom set up for the truck.

Air Rides Air Bar sucks, i just dont like that set up bolted to the rear cover bolts.

Im wanting a G Bar (like the mustang and camaro set up) on my truck.

Marcus SC&C
07-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Okay gotcha. You could adapt a Camaro G Bar but that might be more of a PITA than it`s worth. You could still do a bolt in with a Chassisworks KP S10 4 link with panhard bar,relocate the PHB a bit and finish it off with a Chassisworks VAS910 adj. coil over package.
Or...chop the S10 frame off and install an Alston billet 4 bar. We can do one with fully welded custom frame rails made to fit the S10, adj. billet aluminum links with Centerpivot greasable delrin ends at all 8 points and adj. billet coil overs mounts for under $2K. Or split the difference and get all the billet 4 bar components and cut/weld crossmember/mounts for your existing S10 frame. There are lots of different ways to go. Mark SC&C

Bad94
07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Or...chop the S10 frame off and install an Alston billet 4 bar. We can do one with fully welded custom frame rails made to fit the S10, adj. billet aluminum links with Centerpivot greasable delrin ends at all 8 points and adj. billet coil overs mounts for under $2K. Or split the difference and get all the billet 4 bar components and cut/weld crossmember/mounts for your existing S10 frame. There are lots of different ways to go. Mark SC&C

Thats what i was talking about there,

Im going to cut the rear frame off at the cab wall and build new.

I dont need the billet arms, i will make my own, How much for just all the brackets? I asked them at goodguys and they didnt know.

Marcus SC&C
07-22-2008, 08:02 AM
They have so many choices and configurations available it`s best to call so we can go over them with you. Mark SC&C