PDA

View Full Version : hotchkis a arms

cmthomp2
07-05-2008, 09:30 AM
im putting hotchkis upper and lower a arms on my 68 nova. I want to run the qa1 coil overs with these arms. has anyone tried it or know if id have any problems installing them?

cmthomp2
07-08-2008, 05:48 AM
anyone??!!

69LT1Nova
07-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Those are pretty new arms, there may not be a lot of people running them. I decided to go with Speed Tech arms on my Nova - they were cheaper than the Hotchkis, and boy are they sweeet! #1 quality.

Funny, I bought the Hotchkis TVS system, but didn't use their A-arms.

Slammed69
07-11-2008, 09:20 AM
i recommend speed tech a arms, even Lisa told me they are great!

your Z06 boy

Marcus SC&C
07-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Do a search here on the QA1 coilovers before you commit. You may have issues no matter what arms you install them with.
We sell a lot of coil over conversions (Varishock not QA1) but we still talk more people out of them than into them. Most folks don`t need them and would be better off with a good set of performance springs and adj. shocks. Coil overs require more know how and time to set up properly and most conversions have special setup requirements. We get a lot of cars in our shop that have the coil overs set up all wrong (wrong spring rates,incorrect dampening settings,preload and coil bind problems etc.). They`re losing out on a lot of performance,ride comfort and shock life and don`t even know it until we correct it. Mark SC&C