PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Seat Advice

Jon69RagTop
02-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Purchased a set of 98 Trans Am Seats, but they look like it will add quite a bit of height for me once they are installed. Can anyone chime in that has experience with these. I'm 6.2", and can't afford any less headroom. Looks to me like the electronic seats add quite a bit of height to the seat itself.

I am also curious as to how the six pin electrical connector receives it's power. Anyone that has done this mind giving me a little electrical wiring advice. Each of the three motors has two wire leads coming out. Is each one for power depending on the switch position? Does bolting in the seat provide the ground?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom Welch
02-13-2005, 03:58 PM
What are they going in? I have installed seats from a 94 in my 67 firebird, they were not power seats however. Search through the postings on seats in in this section. The info is in here somewhere. Fabbing brackets is fairly easy.
Tom

Jon69RagTop
02-13-2005, 04:02 PM
They are going in a 69 Camaro. I'm not worried about fabbing the brackets, but I think I'm going to have to ditch all the electronics due to the elevated seat height these mechanism's create.

Maybe I should start with lower end manual seats out of a firebird instead?

CAMAROBOY69
02-14-2005, 12:24 PM
I have the 4th gen seats and entire interior in my 69 Camaro and I dont have any problems at all with the height. They have power lumbar too. I am 5'10 and there is plenty of headroom above. My friend is over 6' 325lb and fit comfortably as a passenger.

Payton King
03-02-2005, 08:10 AM
I was concerned with the power 4th gen seat height as compared to the manual version so I ordered a manual track..guess what. They are the same height. I have been running 4th gen seats for 10 years in my 69 camaro.

Easy to wire. One wire goes to hot the other ground. Make sure the hot wire is constant so if you need to move the seat back to get into the car it will work without the key on.

I am 5'11'' and it is a little tight on the driver's side, but I like to sit more upright than most. Lean the seat back a little and there is plenty of room.

buckmiz
03-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Has anyone tried to put 4th gen seats in a first gen? Can it be done? How much fabrication is required? I have a 67 Camaro.

CAMAROBOY69
03-08-2005, 04:45 AM
buckmiz,
Did you read anything in this thread? Not trying to be offensive but at least 2 people in this thread said they had 4th gen seats in a 1st gen Camaro. :doh: :lmao: And to top that off my avatar shows 4th gen seats in a 1st gen including the dash, console and seatbelts.

dennis68
03-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Actually 3 Adam, and were are only 4 posters when he asked.

buckmiz
03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Sorry about that everyone. I need to read my own post after I'm done. I guess I shouldn't posted that late at night after a very long day. :sleeping:

What I was tring to ask about rear seats. I've seen many with the front seat done. Sorry john69 if I hi jack your post. :slap:

Should have read my own post: :doh:
"Has anyone tried to put 4th gen rear seats in a first gen? Can it be done? How much fabrication is required? I have a 67 Camaro.

dennis68
03-08-2005, 09:44 AM
I think Adam has 4th gen seats in his car, looks nice.

buckmiz
03-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks,

I found Adam's Hobbystage web. That is really nice. Thanks for the help.

Buck