PDA

View Full Version : 69 suspension

dolf
06-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Here is what i am planning. Let me know what you think. The car is a daily driver and i drive my cars hard! I do track it every now and then. I don't care about a harsh ride... I just want performance

FRONT-

AFX tall spindles
GW tubular UCA's
GW del-a-lum LCA buhings
Hyperco 650# springs
Bilsteins
DSE SFC's
GW solid body mounts
Hotchkis sway bar

REAR-

Hyperco 225 composite leafs
GW bushing and shackle kit
Bilsteins
DSE tubs
Hotchkis sway bar

STEERING-

ATS lee 670 box
ATS rag joint coupler
Moog steeering components.. replacing everything

Will be riding on CCW C10 18x8.5, 18x11 wrapped in toyo R888 245/40/18, 305/35/18. Brakes are AP Racing 6 pot 14" front and 4 pot rear.

Do the components i have laid out work well together?

David Pozzi
06-28-2008, 09:50 PM
A 69 What? A Camaro?
Is this a big block car?

Those rear leafs look too soft. composite leafs yield a better ride, less unsprung weight and don't transmit road shocks as easliy, but allow more lateral movement of the rear axle reducing room for the tires, and are not rising rate like multi leaf springs, so you probably need to go even stiffer than that. 225 will work but probably allow more rear squat than a 175 lb steel leaf pack.

Take a good look at the Global West Cat5 leafs.
David

dolf
06-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes 69 camaro 383 sbc...

So with the cat 5's will the 650# front spring rate work well? I am all about the performance i get from the car and rough rides don't bother me. Is there anything else you would do differently David? I Try to read all your posts and fully respect your knowledge on racing and suspensions. I appreciate your advice!

I was just reading your site and saw that the hyperco's need a spacer. Where do i get these? Also what is the spring rate of the cat 5's?

dolf
06-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Any one have any experience with the ats chicane lm kit? It seems like everything i was planning on buying is in the kit. That paired up with the cat5 and bilsteins seems like a winner.

Marcus SC&C
06-30-2008, 11:02 AM
That looks good overall. A few possible changes though. The Bilsteins will be too soft for your spring rates. Since you want best performance consider a set of Alston Varishock adj. rate shocks. In the rear you can still run the composite spring just run them with a watts link. http://www.scandc.com/wattslink.htm It`ll take care of the lateral axle location much better than any springs alone and will allow you to adj. the rear roll center to tune the handling of the car. Expect a much more predictable handling car too. Mark SC&C