PDA

View Full Version : Another Which Master Cylinder post

Syclone892
06-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Everyone this is my first post on the board been lurking for a while now and think you guys might be able to help me out.

I have a '91 GMC Syclone, I will be installing some kore3 c5 calipers up front with dba 2 piece rotors and hawk pads, rear will be camaro backing plates with kore3 c5 calipers and not sure yet but probably dba camaro rear rotors.

My dad has a similar setup on his typhoon and it stops very well the little bit I have ridden in it since completed.

What I am wondering is should I change out the master cylinder? I am keeping the power brakes and will down the road go hydroboost for more engine bay room. I really like the look of the wilwood aluminum master cylinder but it seems everyone runs it with manual brakes. I just don't want to buy something thats not going to work.

It looks as though the factory master cylinder is a 24mm or close to 1"
I am open to other brand master cylinders but prefer a nice looking unit to go with the other billet on the engine.

Thanks very much for the help!

andrewb70
06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Why not use the stock Syclone MC?

Andrew

Syclone892
06-29-2008, 07:07 PM
I could but I would like a nicer looking unit and was not sure if its the best for the current setup. Considering the stock master is setup for 10" front with drum in back and now I have 13" front and 12" disc in the back. I just am wondering if I am going to be losing some braking with the stock master as compared to a properly setup master. Plus the looks are a big part for me, just trying to clean things up as much as possible.
Yes currently the engine bay is a mess:hand: but eventually its going to look very good:fingersx: