PDA

View Full Version : Likes/Dislikes subframe Camaro

Fireeater
06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I have been searching for a subframe for a Camaro(68). Been doing alot of research and still come up with the same thing. Confused. Can anyone chime in and tell me what they have, what they like/dislike about their frame and the difference from stock (or not ). My driving will be mild and mostly cruising but want a modern feel.

Thank you in advance.

Dave

6'9"Witha69
06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Then save the money on aftermarket and get a Lee or DSE box with new moog components, new UCA and LCA bushings, preferrably Del-a-lum, Hotchkis springs and shocks and HOWE tall UBJs.

This is a good "touring" modern feel suspension that can handle decently.

Fireeater
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Have all of that already except I have GW springs and no tall upper ball joints.

Taylor1969
06-24-2008, 04:56 PM
ats spindles will really add some modern feel

Fireeater
06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I was thinking about the Chicane LM upgrade but wanted to hear from guys that have aftermarket frames also.

6'9"Witha69
06-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Have all of that already except I have GW springs and no tall upper ball joints.The ball joints are just to give you a better camber curve. The Guldstrand mod would do well also.

Fireeater
06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
BTW, I also have stock control arms

zbugger
06-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Honestly, the best mod I've seen on a car that I've driven is the ATS tall spindles. It made a Nova feel like a totally different car. That was with Eibach front coils, stock control arms, a Hotchkis bar up front, and a big block. It was great to drive. Quite predictable, actually. It's the one modification I recommend to everyone. And on the plus side, you get to upgrade to a set of C5/C6 brakes.

ProdigyCustoms
06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
We have had the chance to install many of the subframe available. There are multiple "good" subframe choices. Of the MANY subframes out there right now, there are (4) subframes we are willing to sell which we are happy with. In alphabetical order, Art Morrison, Chris Alston, DSE, Speedtech all all proven performers. Jakes has one coming that looks promising once he is in full production.

In price order

Chris Alston $4500
SpeedTech $5000
Art Morrison $6000
DSE $6700

the morrison and DSE are in a class of their own and you will pay mnore for them. the CA and ST frame are both great values and offer many improvments over stock subframes.

Any other widely produced subframe is pretty much a change for the sake of change piece.