PDA

View Full Version : "Liquid Metal Paint"

Josh292
06-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Has anyone heard of this? Mercedes has developed a new paint that is called Alubeam. The new 2008 Mercedes-Benz CL 65 AMG will be the first one to wear it. polished silver type paint, anyone know where i'd be able to get this paint or something similar to it, i'd like to paint my 72 nova this color, what do you think of it?

Alchemist
06-23-2008, 04:20 PM
This looks quite similar to "ghost chrome". I used Alsa Corp's ghost chrome paint when I was repairing alot of Infiniti wheels and other cars that use the "chrome" painted look on their wheels.

Check out their website. You'll find a alot of unique paints.

http://alsacorp.com/products/ghostchrome/ghostchrome.htm

Alchemist

skeeters65
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
A buddy of mine is painting a car CHROME for one of his customers..
Should be pretty sweet..

lvrpool32
06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
I've used it a bunch on motorcycles (I used Innate.coms version pretty much the same as Alsa and the other versions out there)
It is a time consuming process as it is like painting two really good paint jobs on top of each other.
To get the look you have to lay a black base with a catalyzed clear down, this has to be cut and buffed to a perfect shine and then the chrome effect is sprayed on top of this. It is applied REALLY thin/dry, with an airbrush or touch up gun. The stuff is very delicate, if yo get something in it before clearing, you cant sand it out.

Josh292
06-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I haven't seen the color in person yet, I think a chrome paint would be a little too much. I'm after more of a bare metal silver look, thanks for the link! they might have what i'm looking for