PDA

View Full Version : Header suggestions needed.

MarkM66
02-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Car is a '70 Nova, sbc, T56, p/s, Pro-Topline 200 heads.

I'm looking for 1 3/4" headers that fit the above. Since 1st gen Camaro guys have basically the same set up, I open to those suggestions too.

I checked out Headmans website, and they say their 1 3/4" headers won't fit with a close ratio steering box.

I'm going to be using a 3rd gen Camaro box. Not sure why this box would be different in size then a normal p/s box.

Thanks

smittys69
02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't have the close ratio box but I couldn't find the application I was looking for on the website either. I went with the Heddman HTC coated headers because they have a thick flange (less susceptible to warpage) and much cheaper than the Hooker Super Comps. I have ran mine for about a year and they are as shiny today as they were when I put them on (no blueing or discoloration whatsoever). You might call JEGS or Summit directly and talk to someone about your application. I'm sure they make something that will work for you. Good luck

Rick Dorion
02-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Not sure which Hedman you're referring to but I just returned a set of 65003's. Although they're advertised as 1 3/4, they're necked down to 1 5/8 at best and made with a common flange that's shared between the two. Also, I would have had to dent the #1 pipe in significantly to clear my 600 series PS although they're advertised as fitting.

Mean 69
02-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I just took delivery of a trick set of Hedman's, because the Hookers I was using were crap. These took a couple weeks to get, but they fit really, really well. I have them mocked up now, they are nearly impossible to get in the car with the engine in, but they are the best looking headers I have ever had. The part number is 65021. They are stepped, which means the primaries start out as a 1 5/8", and then increase to 1 3/4" about 10 inches down. Expensive, and they aren't even painte, but they are pretty serious race headers. I'd love to see how the 65019's fit too. Hooker comps are trash, but if you'd like, I have a set, coated, dimpled to clear the P/S box that I'll sell cheap. Drop me a PM if you'd like pic's of the new ones, or are interestd in the old ones.

M

Rick Dorion
02-18-2005, 10:12 AM
PM sent on pics! What heads are they going on, Mark?

rumblee
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
ive got dougs 1-3/4" headers on my 69 nova. They clear the stock steering box pretty well and are very heavy duty.

MarkM66
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I just took delivery of a trick set of Hedman's, because the Hookers I was using were crap. These took a couple weeks to get, but they fit really, really well. I have them mocked up now, they are nearly impossible to get in the car with the engine in, but they are the best looking headers I have ever had. The part number is 65021. They are stepped, which means the primaries start out as a 1 5/8", and then increase to 1 3/4" about 10 inches down. Expensive, and they aren't even painte, but they are pretty serious race headers. I'd love to see how the 65019's fit too. Hooker comps are trash, but if you'd like, I have a set, coated, dimpled to clear the P/S box that I'll sell cheap. Drop me a PM if you'd like pic's of the new ones, or are interestd in the old ones.

M

Thanks, but I think I've found some. I just looked at the price on the 65021. Wow! Those are expensive.