PDA

View Full Version : NuBreeds badAss 69 Convertible

ProdigyCustoms
02-10-2005, 07:45 PM
I have not seen a mini tubbed convertible yet, gonna be one bad hombre. I will have it trimed out by the end of next week, will post more updates. It just looked so damn good today when I left, I had to show the world.

Bad Bowtie
02-10-2005, 08:03 PM
Frank,
Your just killin' us man! That thing looks smokin and the yellow fits that car perfectly. Nice to see some cars coming out with colors other than black (mine) or red. Keep us posted on the progress, i'd like to follow along. Great job :worship:
Jack

MuscleRodz
02-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I agree that is an awesome looking Yellow. Can't wait to see it finished.

Mike

Ralph LoGrasso
02-10-2005, 09:22 PM
That is definitely going to be one awesome car. Looks great, keep us posted!!

ViperBlue68
02-10-2005, 10:51 PM
:jawdrop: BADAZZ is an understatement I believe!! :jawdrop:

Steve Chryssos
02-11-2005, 05:42 AM
Great lines!!! You do awesome work, Frank. Now all we have to do is work on your camera skills :hmm:

I'll be down in FL in March. Okay if I stop by?

Flight396
02-11-2005, 05:52 AM
Your car looks absolutly wicked man. Definatly keep us posted. Damn. :icon996:

rocketrod
02-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Ralph,
What do you mean "That is definitely going to be one awesome car." That car is awesome as is. Keep us posted

nkopper
02-11-2005, 06:04 AM
That's beyond cool! I love the yellow.

The only other mini-tubbed 'vert I have seen is the Year One Inov8tr (sp??). They only used a 295 tire on the back, though.

Nathan

Steve Chryssos
02-11-2005, 06:12 AM
I just noticed the Prodigy Roll bar. Perfect.

MarkM66
02-11-2005, 07:00 AM
Looks great!

What did the car look like before you started it?

What all has been done?

Fluid Power
02-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Frank,

Looks sweet! Did the mini-tub job cause havoc with the top mechanisms?

Darren

ProdigyCustoms
02-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah Steve, it would be a pleasure to have you. As for what it looked like. Based on the first pic, the owner thought it was pretty nice. When we tore it he saw what he told him was true. By the time if got down to the 3rd pic, he wondered if we could put it back together again, And a couple weeks ago it looked like pic 4.
The mini tub job was dificult, but it is finished and the top works.

Fluid Power
02-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Frank,

Getting more specific, I have a 69 convertible that I mini-tubed as well. I have not put the top in it yet. When I talked to Kyle at DSE a LONG time ago (before the deep tubs were availible) he did not think there would be any problems with the top mechanisms. Did you or will you have to massage the tubs a little to get the top to lay flat in the well? You feed back is very much appreciated.

Darren

Bill Howell
02-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Frank,
That is a great looking ride. I look forward seeing it in person. Hopefully it will be close by bikeweek. Nothing like the smell of burning rubber in the morning! My buddy Raymond will have a fit when he sees that yellow paint.

NUBREED
02-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Yup,frank Did A Fairly Decent Job I Guess, Considering He's New At This I Couldnt Ask For Much But He Did Ok..lol..now If I Could Get Her To Run As Good As She Looks We'll Be Flying..stay Tuned, The Next Couple Of Weeks Should Prove Quite Interesting...

MuscleRodz
02-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Who did the frame? Any specs on it would be appeciated.

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
02-12-2005, 01:59 AM
Pete, I think i might have to review your bill, I think I missed something!!!
As far as clearance for tubs, The factory tubs were relieved near the original inner edge. Without relieving the mini tubs, the top stays up out of the well about 2" over normal.
As far as chassis, Everything was built in house with the exception of the Martz subframe. We completely boxed and reinforced all the rear rails, built new 1/4" front spring pockets tied into a hidden crossmember / driveshaft loop, that ties in the the main roll bar hoop and back braces. The subframe was whacked, new rear stub rails installed tied diectly into the rear crossmemeber and rails. The subframe was slammed into the body just over an inch lowering the body while maintaining full suspension travel. The subrame was then tied into the rockers with triangulated boxes and plated in solid between all the boxes. Some reinforcing had to be done the the Martz chassis to get it where we wanted. The car / chassis are pretty rigid now. I think as rigid as a convertible could be shy if putting a full Jungle Jim cage in it, or a full chassis like we did in Prodigy.
Here's a few more pics, Michael working on the Martz frame, A pic of the rails after notching and boxing, another mock up shot and another showing the back bars and shock crossmember support.

Steve68
02-12-2005, 01:26 PM
That thing has come along way!! Frank did you spry that? I know Bob been killing him self at the dealership(nothing like working for the man)

Steve, you'll have to e-mail Frank and I when you come in March, I'd like to meet up with you, Steve

Steve Chryssos
02-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Steve,
Will do.
/Steve

ProdigyCustoms
02-12-2005, 03:39 PM
No, I have been doing all the body and paint for 6 months now. I will train my next replacment soon as I really do not want ot do it. I am really glad I did it anyway as this was real important.

colt zantop
02-12-2005, 04:40 PM
wow....that car is looking awesome...keep us updated!

Jagarang
02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Don't retire from spraying quite yet Frank old boy!!!

ProdigyCustoms
02-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Lol, Lucky for me, that is done on yours. now the fun part assembly. Pete will have his back in a couple weeks, then we post some pics of that blue Firebird

MarkM66
02-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Yeah, that car did come along way.

Did you start on it 6 months ago?

ProdigyCustoms
02-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Yeah, a little longer then that, but we got killed by hurricanes knocked us out for 6 weeks, then my other business needed 2 months attention, then I was sick for a month, so in reality, it is about 4 months working time. Also added a lot more work then originally contracted, like painting.
Excuses, excuses, we are usually much faster then that.

Todds69
02-15-2005, 12:06 PM
That's one sweet ride......looking forward to more pics

Patrick
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I was fortunate enough to see the car today. It looks every bit as good in person as it does in pictures. Some shops talk big game but can't deliver the goods. Frank does awesome work. Excellent attention to details. They have some really good projects going.