PDA

View Full Version : New from Mass.

Texaco Bob
06-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Bob I just moved from Enfield,Ct back to Chicopee,Ma. I have two 1979 Chevy Camaro Berlinetta's and a 1981 Pont Trans Am.

This one is my daily driver
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/06/623backa-1.jpg

hdesign
06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
You'll like it here Bob, tons of info and great folks. Us Mass-holes have to stick together!!! Nice Camaro BTW!

Texaco Bob
06-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey thanks. are you going to the N.E. Summer nats? I went three years ago, lots of people and cars. I hope to make it at least one day this year.

hdesign
06-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Yep, it's pretty much in my back yard and totally unavoidable!

Motown 454
06-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Welcome Bob from another Mass-Hole from the S.E. corner of the state.
Wayne

Texaco Bob
06-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks Wayne, Are you going also? I am pushing to be there on Sat. as long as I have no problems with my dad (in the home now).

Ben you going everyday? seeing that its in your back yard open headers all week end, must be hell at night.

Motown 454
06-16-2008, 09:20 PM
I went last year on Sunday ,I saw the car show but missed anything after that. It poured when we got to the center of the city. I have to check with my buddy see if its on for this year.
Wayne

jasonsnova
06-17-2008, 03:26 AM
welcome....and i'll be at the summer nats too...probally saturday, hey if this list keeps growing we could do a mini power tour! lol

hdesign
06-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Actually, Green Hill Park is about a mile away and way up on a hill. Downtown gets really loud at night for the burnouts and you can hear it a little at my house but not bad.

Yes, I'm going everyday. Don't forget, they shortened the show this year. It used to go all the way through Sunday, now it's only until Saturday. Gas prices are really killing attendance from out-of-state cars according to the article in the paper last weekend.

jasonsnova
06-17-2008, 04:17 AM
so its only friday saturday??? wow thats news to me! oh well if i go it wil be sat.

hdesign
06-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Correction: I just checked out the summer nats website. Green Hill will be open Sunday...downtown burnouts on Sunday night will not. Go here for info..

http://www.summernationals.com/index2.html

Texaco Bob
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
This is great I hope to meet a lot of new people there.

tones2SS
06-18-2008, 07:59 AM
WELCOME!!!
I will be going to the Summer Nats on Friday & Saturday. Been going for the past 3 years. AWESOME SHOW!!! Tons of cars.:headbang: :headbang:

twov8sandat4
06-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Welcome aboard from yet another Mass-hole :headbang:

I used to go to the Nats, just don't have the enthusiasm I used to for it.

Have you checked the Bay State Antique Auto Club show at the Endicott Estates in Dedham? It is the Sunday after July 4, and is always a fantastic show. I'll be there with my T/A.

Texaco Bob
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
I would love to check out more shows in Ma. but my father is in the nursing home now and my sister is staying in town on the 4th weekend so I want to make the show on Sat. Sundays I put on a small cruise nite (actualy its Sunday afternoon) From 1-5 at the K of C Broadbrook Ct. I am sure you all kow how the weather has been on Sundays:banghead:.
It also seams that every Cruise nite or show I want to go to in my area lately has been rain on.

tones2SS
06-19-2008, 03:11 AM
There's also another show in Marlboro, MA this August I do believe. I Think the dates are the first weekend in August. My buddy is running the show.
I have to check out the Endicott Estates car how some time, I drove by it a couple of times without stopping, which is crazy seeing how much I LOVE cars!!!!:drive1:

hdesign
06-19-2008, 03:38 AM
You're talking about this show right? I'll definitely be going!

http://www.shocarassociation.com/showinfo.htm#show

tones2SS
06-22-2008, 09:04 AM
You're talking about this show right? I'll definitely be going!

http://www.shocarassociation.com/showinfo.htm#show

Yes. That is the show I am talking about. Awesome you are going. We should have a meet for the pro-touring/lateral-g guys!!!!!
Are you going to be able to show some of your work? You should, and blow the people's minds!!! LOL!!

hdesign
06-22-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm actually trying to decide whether I want to set up a booth or just attend. Either way, I'll have my work with me to show off. It would be great to get a bunch of us together.