PDA

View Full Version : ls1 throttle body

dgumoe
02-10-2005, 03:33 PM
well i think im going to fab my own fuel injection for my gen 1 small block. im going to buy the holley 4bbl fuel injection manifold. but the damn throttle bodies are so expensive. what do you guys think about taking a throttle body off of a lsx type turning it rightside up and bolting it to that manifold with an aluminum adapter plate? just a thought cause an ls1 throttle body can be had ALOT cheaper than a 4bbl holley.

Nine Ball
02-12-2005, 04:57 AM
Yes it would work, but make sure that intake you purchase is a single plane and has an open square as the inlet. If it is a 4-hole type inlet, a single body t-body like the LS1 has would kill flow in that area.

gen3bu
02-12-2005, 06:48 AM
if you are custom fabbing an adapter i would almost put 2 ls tb's on it for the extra airflow and it would look really trick, but that depends on your hp/cid goals. BTW - GM uses that same tb on the ram jet 350. i know those tb's are @ 75mm dia but i dont know the exact airflow ratings.

Matt
02-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't pass up self porting the lsx throttle body, I've personally seen good gains from the hour or two spent doing it. And free HP is good HP.