PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen Camaro Rears on 69 Camaro

B.W.T.ROAD
06-12-2008, 07:31 AM
I know it's in here some where. I have a 69 Camaro with power drum all around. I am replacing fronts with C5 stuff but what items are required to put the later fourth gen on my car. Mine is a 10 bolt 8.2. Maybe some other combo might work as well. The rear rims will be 17x9.5 Vintage Wheel V40. C5 might not fit in rear without spacer which is how I want it, w/out a spacer. Would 93-97 be better or 98-02. Advantages/disadvantages. Don't want a kit. Thanks

ITLBTU
06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
I have them on mine. I also have the G-Bar so I didn't have to worry about the shock mounts. I need to get a new "long" cable for the parking brakes because my old one was rubbing the drive line and snapped when I took the transmission out... I'll look for some pics...

dhutton
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I installed them on my 8.5" 10 bolt using a couple of spacers I purchased from BRP. I'm also running a G-Bar so the shocks weren't in the way. I flipped the calipers around so the e brake would pull from the front and used the complete console mounted e brake setup from a 4th gen. I cut the 4th gen e brake cable mounts and welded them to my spring perches. Went together nicely.

Don

B.W.T.ROAD
06-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the response. What I'm curious is what I need to do the switch/install?

dhutton
06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the response. What I'm curious is what I need to do the switch/install?

I bought the entire 4th gen rear brake setup from a salvage yard. All I needed beyond that was the BRP spacers.

Don

DarkoNova
06-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I've got the C5 brakes on ATS spindles up front and I've got the rear brakes off a 2000 T/A (not sure on the year) I believe, so I've basically got the same setup as you. From what I've read, you need the spacers from BRP or some people just use washers, but I'd feel safer with the BRP stuff. And apparently in 69, Chevy used staggered shocks so the passenger's side shock is in the way for the caliper to mount. You either need to use 2 driver's side calipers or get a shock relocation kit (also from BRP) to move the shocks inboard so you can use the passenger's side caliper.

Matt

CarlC
06-12-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.geocities.com/torkerscamaro/torker.html