PDA

View Full Version : just got my suspension finished and have some questions.

megaladon6
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
i'm guessing that at ride height the sway bar ends should be parallel with the LCA. is this right? i got the zq8 bump stops for the monte. they sit VERY close to the frame at ride height. do i need to cut them down or something? i think the cars only 2in lower.
when i tried to replace the sway bar frame bushings the D/S bolt holes/threads in the frame stripped out. any reason i can't just run the next size up (7/16in) tap through there?

chicane67
06-09-2008, 05:59 PM
1) Yes.

2) It may be easier to run a bolt all the way through with a nut on the other end. Most of the time, a larger bolt will not fit. The head of the bolt may interfear with the shell of the bushing. It could be remedied by grinding one side down... or re-drilling the location of the hole. But the latter doesnt always work either... as the new hole is so close to the old one that there isnt enough meat for the necessary strength.

megaladon6
06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
i forgot to mention that i can't get to the inside of the frame. the access holes are used up by the steering box. i can't even see in there! but i do have enough room for a larger bolt head.
was the "yes" for the sway bars and the bump stops or just the sway bar?
thanks

chicane67
06-09-2008, 10:19 PM
The sway bar being parallel...

megaladon6
06-28-2008, 02:16 PM
thanks for the help, i got the sway bar fixed. the angle's a little bit off but i'm waiting for the springs to settle.
how far are the bump stops supposed to be from the frame?

Rick Dorion
06-28-2008, 03:22 PM
If my sway bar ends were level, the end link spacer would only be about 1" long. Is this correct? I made a spacer about 2" long which makes the ends angle up a little.