PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Southern Cal, First Gen Camaro

bri-rock
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
A little over two years ago, I picked up my cliche-ic dream car... 67 Camaro coupe. The PO did a very good job of hiding the defects in the car (rain water, dozens of gallons of it, mysteriously appeared in the trunk with no obvious means of ingress). Anyway, I was finally convinced to do the complete frame-off restoration/pro-touring conversion.

Pics below: Early days body disassembly, Sand blasting reveals the sins of the past, LS1/t-56 pulled from a 2000 Camaro at a local wrecking yard, and Car freshly painted and ready to leave the body shop. That is where the project stands right now. The usual has been done with the suspension/drive train: Global West control arms, SSBC brakes, Moser 12" with a 3.73. I recently picked up a used MP122 Magnacharger. I still have all of the electrical, interior, glass, trim, etc to do. I figure about 9 months to 1 year more considering the time available to me to work on it. This has been an intense learning experience for me. I've really enjoyed it. I'm trying to take me time and plan things out to minimize (notice I did not saying eliminate) the re-work.

Anyway, it's a pleasure to be a part of the group. I look forward to learning from you all.

BossaNova
06-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Sounds like a great project.
Look forward to the updates.

70bird
06-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Welcome from another southlander!
Nice shade of blue, Looks real good. Keep up the good work

6'9"Witha69
06-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Greetings from another Socal resident! Perhaps when you're done you can join our Crest runs.

The car looks good. WTF was with the roof on the Driver's side? Damn I hate finding other peoples crap.

Steve1968LS2
06-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Welcom to the board from yet another SoCal'er.. :)

Nice project!

DriverzInc
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Lots of So Cal's... me included. Welcome!

1968CamaroSS_Sam
06-09-2008, 11:15 AM
That is going to be a great looking car. Love that color. What is the name of the blue?

bri-rock
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome.

Sam, the color is Laser Blue Metallic. This is the same paint color that is used on the 2006 chevy Cobalt. There is some pearl in the clear coat which gives it a slight purplish hue which I really like. GM paint code is U-218M if you are interested.

6'9", I'll be darned if I know what happened to the roof. I don't think that the car was ever rolled. My best guess is that someone with a baseball bat had a good time smackin' it. By the way, I'm 6'6" and have been searching for a set of aftermarket seats that can accommodate me. Maybe I should be searching for past posts on this, but I thought I would at least ask you what your experience is.

Steve, I've seen your posts over on Camaros.net. Bad Penny is one awesome ride.