PDA

View Full Version : putting in a paint booth...

absolom
06-07-2008, 10:16 PM
just put up posts today for the building housing our paint booth

going with a colmet cross flow booth

any advice for when we install it and such?

Bigblue73
06-08-2008, 04:46 AM
Follow the regulations with your local and state statutes. If you don't and something varies from the specifications that in place, it can be costly in rework and fines. Paint the EPA are not friends of each other.
Did the booth come with any type of recommendations regarding the amount of airflow needed for the system? What about exhaust stack size? Exhaust fan? If they just sent the CFM Requirements, send me a PM and I'll help with the air flow specifications. The company that I work for during the "Day" has installed at least 20 paint booths, both automotive restoration shop and commercial manufacturing, in the past 5 years.

Tony

absolom
06-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Follow the regulations with your local and state statutes. If you don't and something varies from the specifications that in place, it can be costly in rework and fines. Paint the EPA are not friends of each other.
Did the booth come with any type of recommendations regarding the amount of airflow needed for the system? What about exhaust stack size? Exhaust fan? If they just sent the CFM Requirements, send me a PM and I'll help with the air flow specifications. The company that I work for during the "Day" has installed at least 20 paint booths, both automotive restoration shop and commercial manufacturing, in the past 5 years.

Tony

it's a complete kit with all the fans, exhaust shrouds, etc etc needed

rubadub
06-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I read on one of these forums that a couple different guys had a problem with dirt in the paint, and they cut the amount of air that was going through the booth and it helped them out.

Rob